BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Programme Manager – Complex Warship Modification
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee the overall delivery of the Control Account Management Process.
- Be responsible for Stakeholder Management across a complex set of stakeholders located over multiple sites, including: MOD, Alliance Partners and key OEMs
- Accountable for delivering the CSR contributing £180M sales / cash to the business.
- Deliver programme inputs to the Integrated Business Plan / Business Resource Plan.
- Oversee Cost Control and Management for delivery of circa £180M Programme as well as being accountable for the Performance Measurement Baseline.
- Schedule Management for delivery of project against contractual commitments.
- Be responsible for Customer and Business Reporting.
- Develop and maintain all Programme Management Plans and Procedures / Processes.
- Adhere to all Programme Governance requirements (internal – Phase Reviews; external – Demonstration Reviews and Lloyds Register Quality Assurance Reviews)
Your skills and experiences:
- Project Management experience demonstrated in a professional or managerial role within a significant business or project.
- Experience of building long term relationships and negotiating outcomes with internal and external stakeholders. Significant experience and strong ability to influence stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Must have senior managerial experience
- Extensive, expert level knowledge and understanding of the Line of Business or project and the business environment in which they operate
- Application of problem-solving techniques to situations of high complexity in the field of Project Management, taking requirements and data from internal (capability) sources and external (customer, competitor and academic) areas.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Warship Team
This is an excellent opportunity to join a strategically important project and play a key part in the successful delivery of a large scale Power and Propulsions Modifications / Upgrade on a complex Warship. You will have a high degree of attention to detail and strong stakeholder management skills – dealing with various stakeholders and engaging in the wider customer community (I.e. MoD). It’s an exciting time as the project is currently undergoing a huge change in the operational model and you will play a part in outlining and deciding on the direction in order to achieve improvements and the project overall.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.