Project Management Specialist - Data %26 Analytics
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Project Management Specialist
Location: Preston / Farnborough, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: Circa £45k pending experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing a portfolio of Data & Analytics projects through the full Project lifecycle to ensure that they are delivered to time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction
- Co-ordinating, facilitating, organising and delivering all aspects of project management
- Ensuring project management controls and governance is applied
- Identifying, assessing and managing risk. Using project management techniques to enable early identification of problems and implementing mitigation actions, including escalating through the appropriate escalation route
- Agreeing on project approach with stakeholders, and developing realistic project plans (including quality, risk, schedule, and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement
- Monitoring costs, timescales and resources. Acting where these deviate from agreed plans and records/shares lessons learned for the improvement of future delivery
- Driving operational effectiveness through continuous improvement methodologies
- Planning and leading Project Management activities in support of functional programme objectives
Your skills and experiences:
- Extensive Experience of project and/or programme management
- Experience providing simultaneous project management support to a number of projects
- Experience working directly with customers, stakeholders and subcontractors
- Commercial awareness and budget management capability
- Ability to proactively organise and prioritise effectively demonstrating excellent time management
- Confidence in raising and escalating any issues
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Shared Services Data & Analytics team:
The Shared Services Data & Analytics Hub is at the heart of our company data landscape, bringing together data from our global operations and generating a broad range of insights to inform key business decisions
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.