Global Operations Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Reporting into the Rider Support Lead, you will be leading the Rider Onboarding & Compliance team, who are responsible for helping applicants get out on the road globally, and supporting them once they're there. Your goal is to run an engaged and motivated team while redefining what good looks like.
We want to offer the best rider support in the industry. Deeply embedded within the operations processes of Deliveroo, Rider Onboarding and Compliance is central to our continued success through its impact on rider retention and rider satisfaction.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for planning and executing large scale global projects related to onboarding pipelines standardisation and rider compliance.
- Work with the Global Operations team and local markets to promote executional excellence, process improvements and new compliance initiatives
- Have input in and be responsible for progressing our global rider onboarding and compliance strategy.
- Dive into root causes of operational malfunctions, share solutions and preventative measures to mitigate reoccurrence.
- Communicate and report to key stakeholders, including incidents with Executive visibility.
- Work closely with your internal team and external vendor to discover new ways to enhance processes and improve service levels.
- Be the Applicant and Rider advocate - our focus is not only on KPIs, but on being the voice of applicants and riders, to give them the best possible experience with Deliveroo.
- Maintain excellence on key metrics in Rider Operations:
- Prioritisation of personal workload, plus the workload of a large team.
- Foster an environment of progression, continuous improvement and support underpinned by robust processes and regular, timely feedback.
- Enhance operational stability and rigour through cross-training and up-skilling initiatives.
- Keep your team functioning at the top of their game by effectively monitoring performance and adherence to KPIs
What we're looking for:
- Team manager - we have a large team of people who support our riders and applicants, keep that group engaged, motivated and inspired.
- Adaptable Fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness. Don't slavishly follow processes if they aren't right.
- Numerate, but doesn't need to be to analyst level - able to spot issues in data and is detail oriented, but also wants to work with people and can motivate a team
- Can build "stuff" - approaches, processes, tools and structured change methodologies
- Change Management - knows how to flow meaningful changes through a large organisation to drive adoption and ensure success
- Analytical and strategic – able to 'think big' as well as execute 'on-the-fly' via understanding the dynamics of our business and the Operations Support team specifically.
- Inquisitive and forward-thinking - curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo. Keeps pushing for further improvements
- Knows how to prioritise - the ability to determine what needs immediate attention and is of the highest value, while keeping stakeholders informed
- Effective communicator - needs to be able to explain complex process to a range of stakeholders in a way that can paint a clear picture, helps us solve a problem, get executive support, or train new team members
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.