Customer Service Assistant
GTR (Govia Thameslink Railway)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We currently have an opportunity for a multi-functional Customer Service Assistant (Platform & Ticket Office) to deliver world-class customer service at St Pancras International.
These roles cover 24 hour operation, so due to the shift times you must live in the local area and have available independent transport to ensure that you arrive at the station for the early shift as required as there may not always be a train service available.
Our vision is to provide our customers with a welcoming, seamless, well-informed, consistent and relaxed travel experience which will encourage additional and repeat business whilst ensuring our customers consistently talk about our service positively. We're passionate about having a diverse workforce. We want enthusiastic individuals with great interpersonal skills from all backgrounds to apply for this position and particularly would like to hear from women and those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
As a Customer Service Assistant GPR you must be able to demonstrate a ‘can do' attitude, strong customer focus and excellent communication skills, all with the customer at the forefront. Working on a shift basis, including weekends, this role is multi-functional and delivers customer service activity across the station including ticket office and platform duties. On a day to day basis you will be in the Ticket Office or on the station dispatching the trains and proactively finding the right ticket for our customers while delivering excellent customer service to new and regular customers. We have the latest computer based ticketing system which is able to provide any information our customers may need and has direct access to our intranet.
Key to your role, at all times, is being visible and anticipating the needs of the customer to meet their expectations.
Experience / Skills / Requirements
- A proactive approach coupled with passion and ability to support and develop your team
- Exceptional levels of customer service, each and every time – you will be a role model for others to follow
- Demonstrable experience of managing customers effectively in difficult environments
- You must be able to demonstrate a high level of numerical ability
- Due to the shift times, which will vary, you must live in the local area and have available free transport
- An effective communicator and must be able to demonstrate this both through your application and or assessments
- Trust to make decisions in a customer focused manner and carry out instructions effectively
Applicants must be willing to work unsocial and irregular hours, including nights and weekends.