Capital Risk and Risk Appetite Lead - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase is investing in a digital transformation strategy, exploring innovative ways to attract customers, deepen customer engagement and achieve increased customer satisfaction through efficient and thoughtful interactions with digital products and experiences. We continue to strive toward transforming customer experiences, simplifying business processes whilst remaining laser focused on product excellence.
Our Firm Wide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
The International Consumer Credit Forecasting function is responsible for reporting and forecasting of loan losses, allowances and capital. The team is expanding its responsibilities to cover Financial Risk Management and is seeking a Capital Risk and Risk Appetite Lead to support new business initiatives and regulatory submissions, across risk stripes and geographies. This is a high visibility role and will include substantial interaction and communication with senior management across the International Consumer Business (“ICB”). The candidate will collaborate closely with all key stakeholders within Risk Management, Finance and the business.
- Manage capital risk assessment for new business initiatives and regulatory submissions, across ICB
- Design and implement the risk appetite framework for ICB
- Design of the stress scenarios for the firm’s capital adequacy process
- Prepare presentations for senior management and other key stakeholders
- Act as subject matter expert on capital risk and risk appetite and serve as primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
Key Skills Required:
- Relevant experience (minimum 5 years), preferably within financial and / or capital risk management. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with capital risk quantification methodologies, stress testing and risk appetite
- Proven track record of delivering high quality results within tight deadlines;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to high standards
- Strong problem solving skills
- Investigative mindset, able to see issues at both a high level and in detail
- High level of confidence in both verbal and written communication skills to manage frequent interaction with ICB senior management, regulators and external auditors
- Energetic self-starter who takes ownership to creatively solve problems and drive initiatives
- Strong team player, comfortable working with all levels throughout the organisation
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic growth environment