Software Engineer - Fullstack
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
CIB Application Engineering and Architecture (AEA) group aims to continuously modernise CIB applications. CIB AEA Developer Platforms & Insights team are looking for passionate engineers to help create solutions which improve developer experience and productivity throughout the entire lifecycle
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- Full stack Software Engineering background with experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, .Net, Python.
- Strong agile development and design skills with experience working in an agile culture.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborate with peers across the CIB, building trust and collaborating on solutions.
- Strong opinions on technical architecture and best practice, with a good knowledge of industry trends
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement