Python Software Engineer - Analytics Platform
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services and technology is at the very heart of everything we do. We are looking for curios, intelligent, driven engineer to help us drive our success, now and in the future.
If you are a talented python developer, and looking for the next step in your career, then we have a great opportunity for you. Within a business facing software development team, we are looking for engineers that can turn ideas into the next generation of client facing technology solutions covering product creation, deep analytics across pre and post trade environments covering backtesting, optimisation, performance, risk and attribution as well as investment management capabilities.
Specifically you will be critical to facing off with the business and delivering our platform capabilities through buildout of microservices to support existing and new portfolio solutions. You will be key in turning complex data sets into simple, easy to use insights and capabilities to action those insights.
You will work closely with a group of similarly inspired engineers, key business stakeholders, partner with other developments teams, operational staff, digital product teams, user experience groups as well as technology management, with scope to demonstrate technical leadership and grow your career.
You love nothing better than writing well-tested code that creates stable resilient services. Within the team you'll be working with the other python developers to deliver services using python, an object datastore and compute grid. You need to have a build once and use everywhere mentality. There will be opportunities to grow into working with other technologies such as Web development.
We are a big believer in helping people grow and learn. The team already has many experienced members who are willing to share the knowledge they have gained from many years of industry experience.
If you want to develop great software and make them work in real environments, work in a collaborative style, with the ability to make a visible impact in a global corporation, this is the role you've been waiting for.
- Work with business sponsors to understand new work enhancements
- Agree the schedule of delivery of the work with stakeholders and manage the demand from inception to production delivery.
- Perform the technical delivery (front to back) - develop the changes requested and provide tested code.
- As part of the wider team perform code reviews and ensure that we maintain the level of quality we are after as well as mentor more junior team members.
- Be a guardian of the platform and push others to raise the bar on the overall quality of the platform.
- OO Python
- Automated Testing
- Demonstrated Software Engineering skills
- Knowledge of Grid computing
- Knowledge of Object Databases
- Experience of UI technologies such as React
- Problem Management Skill