Architecture - Global Technology Infrastructure - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Our Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient, and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
GTI Architecture’s goal is to accelerate our evolution into a software-based infrastructure, creating the policies, tools, and processes that our development teams can leverage; GTI Architecture delivers innovative, high quality, cost effective, fit-for-purpose infrastructure technology solutions for application partners firm wide.
Working as an Architect, your passion for technology and thirst for innovation will help shape the future of global digital commerce, now and for years to come. Every day, you’ll bring critical day-to-day leadership and thinking to the table, working with teams of architects, aligning cross-functional projects, ensuring that they’re within reason, fiscally and technically. You’ll collaborate with internal teams and business leaders alike, creating strategically sound Target State Architectures. You will have a major say in budgeting, hiring, mentoring, setting priorities and fostering a client-centric environment where everyone learns and grows. At the end of the day, your work will have tremendous and positive impact, whether it’s in-house, in collaboration with technologists across JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global technology community or in partnership with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of infrastructure products, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, networks, storage, data management, etc.
- Demonstrable influencing skills that can create a culture of change, excellence and innovation which constructively challenges the status quo and leads to prudent implementation
- Creating effective partnerships, cooperating with clients, leaders across our business, and application architects to define technology and architecture roadmaps
- Providing strategic and tactical direction to the product teams. Creating technology roadmaps, making assertions about technology direction, and determining their consequence for the technical strategy and hence the architectural approach. Working with product leads to communicate technical direction to the wider technology community
- Ability to establish, maintain, and communicate a technology vision, building a critical mass of support at all levels of the organization and across departments for a given technical direction through talks, papers, workshops, or interpersonal communication
- Participating in major technical decisions, developing technical proposals that consider the alternatives and business case, and works effectively across departmental organizations gaining the consensus of stakeholders
- Possessing and maintaining a strong working knowledge of multi-platform technical environments. Serve as a leader, consultant, mentor, or tutor in technical architecture areas of expertise to staff
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills, including ability to negotiate compromise and demonstrate diplomacy in sensitive situations as well as interact effectively with peers and management across diverse cultures and fast-pace environment
- Strategic thinking and passion for business strategy and business processes
- Technical depth and ability to rapidly understand and communicate the impact of solutions and technology
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.