WKO KYC Middle Office Team Manager - VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Corporate Investment Bank, Know Your Customer (KYC) team plays a critical role in ensuring that as an organisation, we are compliant with multiple regulations, in order to protect the bank’s reputation and financial assets. JP Morgan has developed their Global Operating Model to provide a business wide process for the delivery of KYC across all Lines of Business in every region.
The Wholesale KYC Operations (WKO) Client Office operates in close partnership with Sales, Operations, Credit, Legal and Compliance to provide efficient and timely on-boarding of new client relationships to the JP Morgan infrastructure alongside timely renewals of our existing client portfolio.
As a KYC Middle Office Team Manager, you will act as a single point of contact and subject matter expert (SME) for onboarding new customers, incremental business requests and renewals of our existing customer KYC records. You will be aligned to a designated Business or Product Front Office team and facilitate across all Operations teams on KYC execution.
Success in this role requires the ability to quickly build rapport with our internal and external customers to ensure the KYC aspect of the Clients onboarding experience is exceptional, efficient and world class. Hence, business / commercial mindset is a must as well as proven operational excellence and leadership skills.
Working with our business partners you will manage expectations on turnaround timeframes and provide appropriate updates on the progress of the onboarding.
Our team members are familiar to working in an analytical and dynamic environment and have the ability to evaluate complex documents in order to ensure regulatory requirements are met. Proven experience of producing high quality work alongside remaining calm and focused under pressure is essential. You must be able to demonstrate excellence, diversity, quality, respect and inclusivity and be able to self-motivate as well as work collaboratively within the wider team.
- Manage the teams’ New Business pipeline and/or Renewals schedule for the Banking GCB Front Office to prioritise active requests, provide status updates and responsibility for business forward planning
- Manage the KYC book of work New Business/Renewals for your designated Front Office sub-LOB to prioritise active requests, provide status updates of key onboardings managing the end to end process
- Awareness of Business forward planning
- Build and develop strong partnerships, identify challenges and eliminate roadblocks with all internal partners
- Work with the Front Office teams, directing clients as required, to obtain all necessary supporting evidence to fulfil KYC due diligence
- Ensure all information to and from our Clients is accurate, complete and compliant with AML, Local and Corporate Due Diligence requirements
- Coordinate case prioritization, capacity planning, and assignment with our Global Maker teams
- Stay up to date of any changes to processes and procedures, regulatory change and ensure impacts are communicated to our business partners
- Manage personal workload and priorities ensuring timely escalation of key risks/issues to management
- Identify and execute process improvements, provide guidance and support on key process and technology initiatives to the business
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience of conflict resolution
- Resilient interpersonal skills, ability to partner with internal stakeholders, influencing and negotiating effectively with business partners and senior managers
- Client focused whist maintaining a strong controls mind-set
- Proactive and flexible approach to personal workload and wider team targets
- Effective at managing time appropriately and organising workload for maximum productivity
- Working knowledge of KYC/Compliance/AML standards
- Sound understanding of the Financial Industry
- Knowledge of multiple client types (i.e. Corporates, Non-Banking Financial Institutions, Banks, Foreign Correspondent Banks, Non-Operating/Asset Holding Companies, Governments, Organizations, Publicly Traded Companies, Small and Large Privately Held Operating Companies)