React Software Engineer - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Markets UI Technology team is looking for a new member. Do you have the skills, passion and drive to join us?
This position will work closely with various UI development teams across JP Morgan Markets as a member of a highly skilled, agile core development team. We are building the next generation UI componentry needed by teams across Markets to build and deliver the applications used globally by our trading desks and support teams.
We are seeking a dedicated professional who is a team player, self-motivated, and who achieves technological excellence in short timescales.
This is an extremely hands-on, delivery-focused, technical position involving a lot of analysis, coding, testing and interfacing with our end users. A good knowledge of Investment Banking and Markets is highly desirable but a thirst for knowledge and the knack to apply that knowledge is just as good to us. There will be a high degree of teamwork and technical peer interaction involved.About the team:
We’re a small team who believe great things can be done when small teams work together. We believe in and practice the tenants of the Agile Manifesto. We believe simple is better and that less is more. We believe our software can make a difference to our corporate bottom line and maybe even change the world in some beneficial way.
Our developer toolset includes:
- IDE – Visual Studio Code, Intellij-Ultimate
- Source Control – Git/BitBucket
- Continuous Integration – Jenkins
- Release Process – Automated
- Issue Tracker – Jira
- Complete full lifecycle development projects as well as post-production maintenance and enhancements
- Participate in requirements meetings with our users and propose technical solutions
- Evangelize and seek new opportunities for our product to be used by other development teams not already using the platform.
- Write awesome, high quality code following the principles of SOLID, YAGNI and KISS
- Support our users by answering questions, researching system issues, identifying root causes, and resolving problems
- Recent, hands-on experience working with Typescript and React to build complex web applications
- Good experience building desktop UI or web applications
- GUI Usability experience is a plus but can be learned on the job
- Commitment and drive
- Good communication skills