UI Developer - TypeScript & React JS
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Software Engineer (Associate) - Digital Platform Channels
Who we are:
The Digital Platform team builds the technical foundation and core platforms behind JP Morgan’s flagship products.
As a Core team, we have a mandate and a unique opportunity to impact important technical decisions across the firm, while consolidating, redesigning and rebuilding the UIs, APIs and frameworks that power JP Morgan’s client facing Web and Desktop platform using modern cutting-edge technology and architecture practices.
We’re building a high performance, complex, multi-featured, cross-channel platform that is fundamentally changing the way internal teams are developing, interconnecting and distributing their applications, as well as transforming how thousands of internal users and JP Morgan clients are accessing these apps for their day-to-day work, offering new tools and features that enhance their productivity and provide a unified workflow even in the most complex multi-machine, multi-monitor set ups.
We’re looking for passionate Engineers to join our team and help in building innovative features that will add value to our platform and deliver an exceptional experience to our expanding user base.
- Work closely with stakeholders, product and design teams to deliver key features that support multiple Lines of Business and the growing capabilities of our platform
- Build state-of-the-art modern UI architecture & components
- Write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality
- Adhere to agile principles and work closely and collaboratively with the wider team
- Be passionate in your field and keep updated on emerging technologies
- Review the design and styling of all components and products and ensure consistency and quality
What we're looking for:
- Detailed knowledge of the following tools & technologies:
- REST APIs
- Clear understanding of Object Orientated and functional programming paradigms
- High-level understanding of GraphQL query language and core concepts
- Familiarity with Electron and OpenFin is a plus