Software Engineer - Data Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
The International Private Bank is undertaking a major, multi-year, multi-million-dollar transformation initiative. The programme will change almost every part of the platform from back office to front office, in order to deliver a modern solution that enables the business to scale effectively and flexibly – something that is required to meet business growth objectives to triple the assets under management in the next 5 years.
A key area of that transformation is the core investments platform which covers everything from order capture and execution through to asset servicing and custody. That new platform is being built and delivered on public cloud (AWS).
As a data engineer in the investments platform squad, you will be responsible for building the data fabric that will be used to distribute data to a myriad of systems in the bank. The solution will use modern data engineering technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Redshift and Denodo amongst others.
The private bank has moved to an agile, product-centric model for the delivery this programme, and the investments platform development team will be part of a broader squad made up of all relevant business functions with the goal of delivering the solution.
- Delivering the data fabric including the data pipelines and models
- Testing the software you have written
- Helping the investments platform squad as a whole deliver a great solution for our customers
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Strong development skills and a proven track record in data engineering using a modern data engineering stack such as Spark, Storm or Flink
- Solid understanding of data streaming technologies such as Kafka or Kinesis
- Knowledge of python would be beneficial (in particular, PySpark)
- Experience of building robust automated tests for the software components you write
- The specific technologies you have used in the past are less important than your overall technical skills and enthusiasm – technologies change and we are looking for people who can embrace change and new ways of working and who have a solid technical foundation on which to build new skills
The Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centres worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $12B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.