CIB Network Management - Network Manager Team Lead and Global Custody Legal Entity Representative – Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
Network Management is a global function within Digital & Platform Services (DPS) of the CIB responsible for managing J.P. Morgan’s network of agent banks and financial market infrastructures (FMIs) to meet the firm’s requirements for oversight of cash and securities services for principal and client activities. The network of providers includes banks, sub custodians, payment systems, central counterparties, securities depositories and cheque clearing systems.
With over 200 resources, the Network Management team is primarily located in London, Bournemouth, New York, Tampa, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mumbai to provide coverage of markets and selected clients. While the group resides within the CIB, it supports all J.P. Morgan’s lines of business including Corporate & Investment Bank (Global Markets; Securities Services; Wholesale Payments), Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Bank and Consumer & Community Banking.
The Network Manager is accountable for the continuous regulatory and operational performance oversight of our Agent Bank and FMI providers. This role will require end to end partnership and liaison with key stakeholders in the Business, Operations, Compliance, Risk, Legal and the network of agent banks and FMIs. This role will report directly into the regional Network Management head.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
The EMEA Securities Network Manager Team Lead is accountable for the day-to-day oversight of a team as well as the Global Custody Legal Entities face-offs, specifically:
- Supporting the EMEA Securities regional team head in managing the EMEA Securities regional team to ensure they demonstrate compliance with Legal and Regulatory requirements for all jurisdictions required by the Business and their clients
- Accountable for completing the Due Diligence and Final Assessment Report activities for assigned markets and as manager an allocated region within regulatory, policy and procedural deadlines
- Experience in securities processing / sub custody / settlements or corporate actions is preferred / Ensuring deep working knowledge of cash payments products and operational processes related to Cash Management and Treasury
- Accountable for regulatory and legal attestations for assigned markets and allocated region
- Ensuring escalation of any matters that may impact completion of legal and regulatory requirements in a timely manner to ensure remediation within the required timeframes
- Identifying risks and exposures impacting JPMorgan’s LOB’s, stakeholders, and other key cross-functional partners and working across partners and stakeholders to identify solutions and mitigants
- Maintaining strong relationships with the lines of business and other partners, being able to articulate the key business strategies and requirements.
- Maintaining deep understanding of the markets assigned and strong ability to apply knowledge to support the Business and client needs and strategies – identifying solutions and delivering required outcomes
- Providing thought leadership around market and regulatory change, having a deep understanding of how this will impact the Businesses and clients
- Driving advocacy in the markets, identified via the due diligence process, and business and client needs.
- Accountable for the delivery of agent bank change in assigned markets, identified via the due diligence process, and business and client needs.
- Ensuring market information review requests are expedited to ensure swift delivery to Businesses and clients
- Responding promptly and effectively to any market specific enquiries and escalations received from Businesses, clients, and Network Management colleagues.
- Accountable for achieving fee reductions identified via the pricing strategy
- Support audit requirements as required
- Represent Network Management in new business initiatives (NBIs), to evaluate and identify risks associated with new / prospective engagements, products, or businesses.
- Participate in and contribute to committees and governance forums as required
- Contribute to special projects and initiatives as needed as required and potential to represent J.P. Morgan at Industry level
- Accountable for management of crisis events impacting the covered markets, communicating, and coordinating activities across stakeholders and partners
- Serving as a single point of contact for Network Management to Global Custody Legal Entities.
- Develop a deep understanding of Global Custody Legal Entities understanding their network and its products.
- Interacting with senior managers in Global Custody Legal Entities regarding strategic management of the network, relationships and advocacy opportunities.
- Training Network Managers about Global Custody Legal Entities needs and strategy, building common goals and delivering LOB objectives according to timelines.
- Offering and implementing solutions to address challenges, identifying developing trends across markets to help the Global Custody Legal Entities offer a competitive advantage to its clients.
- Understanding, articulating, and influencing strategic spend management and service delivery outcomes to senior managers in Network and to Global Custody Legal Entities.
- Measuring feedback/satisfaction from Global Custody Legal Entities against Network Management’s performance and being responsible for YOY improvement.
- Extensive Financial services background
- Demonstrative leadership experience working with agent banks or an ICSD preferred.
- Demonstrated relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills across senior stakeholder groups.
- Ability to focus on details while maintaining a strategic point of view.
- Ability to balance multiple deliverables across various stakeholders and communicate priorities to the team.
- Previous Network Management experience a plus.
- Strong experience in Third Party Oversight, risk, control, and regulatory management.
- Strong relationship management, influencing, and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- Ability to “join the dots” and evidence good judgment under pressure
- Ability to identify and negotiate innovative solutions to challenges and issues
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to work across the global Network Management team and across J.P. Morgan, developing partnerships with the LOBs and functional areas such as Compliance, Legal, Risk and Technology.
- Attention to detail combined with an ability to absorb information and develop a strategic approach.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly with regard to assessing risk.
- Strong team player, able to multi-task and work under pressure in a dynamic business environment.
- Ability to make informed, balanced decisions to shape and influence successful outcomes for J.P. Morgan.