Market Risk - London - 2023 ReEntry Program
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The ReEntry Program is a 15-week fellowship program, beginning March 20, 2022 and ending June 30, 2023, with the prospect of an offer for permanent employment with JP Morgan Chase at the end of the program. The program offers a reintroduction to corporate life for those returning to the workplace after two or more years of voluntarily being away.
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
As part of the Market Risk team you will join industry experts identifying, assessing and managing risk for our global businesses. You will work in partnership with the Trading desk, to form conclusions on the risk appetite of the firm. Market Risk is a collaborative team, we want your perspective to help us innovate the next wave of risk management solutions.
Please refer to our ReEntry Overview page for further information regarding the Program.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Monitor risk exposures, highlighting key risks and factors that drive the P&L including market movements.
- Innovate ways to look for threats and weaknesses in the risk profile. Pro-actively bring these to the attention of the trading business and the Market Risk management team.
- Conduct regular risk and scenario analysis into various risk themes, and communicate findings.
- Develop an understanding of various products traded and their key risks.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Qualifications
We are looking for someone excited to join our organization. If you meet the minimum requirements below, you are encouraged to apply to be considered for this role.
- Seeking accomplished individuals who are currently on a voluntary career break for at least 2 years and wish to return to the workforce full time a part of the Market Risk Coverage team.
- Strong risk management skills – experience in Market Risk, Trading, Research or other Markets roles.
- Team player and future leader with exceptional drive, creativity and interpersonal skills.
- Strong skills in Excel required.
- Lateral thinker, tenacious, detail focused and a commitment to getting things done.
- Ability to collaborate with a wide variety of teams including Trading and control groups.
- Strong quantitative academic background. JPMorgan recruits from all academic disciplines.
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite along with excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Diversity and Inclusion at JPM
A culture of inclusion is critical to JP Morgan’s success. We are committed to supporting women and encouraging them to achieve their career goals. Our team is as diverse as our work, and we’ve recently been recognized as a Top 50 Employer for Women in the UK, amongst many other awards across many different areas. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CIB Market Risk Management is an independent risk group, reporting to the firm’s Chief Risk Officer (CRO), which identifies, measures, monitors and controls market risk. The group forms the key interface for discussing risk issues with the trading desks but retains independent reporting lines through the Risk management chain.
Across JPMorgan Chase, we serve millions of customers and many of the world’s most prominent corporate and government clients. Our mission is to build a stronger, more equitable economy, and we strive to make a positive impact everyday with our customers in their communities. We are proud of our reputation as one of the world’s most admired companies and we know that it’s our people who make us successful. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where our employees are welcomed, valued and able to bring their authentic selves and best work forward.