Control Manager – Program – Global AML Risk Assessment & Regulatory Reporting – VP
Job Type: Full time
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Control Management maintains a strong and consistent control environment through a joint accountability model that aligns managers with each function and region to mitigate operational risk. The team focuses on four areas: Control Design & Expertise, Risks & Controls Identification/Assessment, Issues & Control Deficiencies and Control Governance & Reporting.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The CIB Control Management organization is responsible, in partnership with the business to define and oversee the CIB control environment. With a key emphasis on ensuring the end-to-end control framework supports robust governance and systems that identify, quantify, manage and monitor risk at the appropriate level and establishes risk management tools and procedures in consultation with the relevant partners.
The AML Risk Assessment team is a function within the CIB Controls organization and is responsible for the delivery of AML Risk Assessment and Regulatory Reporting globally. The role will involve regular interaction with Compliance, Wholesale Client On-Boarding, MLRO’s, Regional Business Management and Control Managers to ensure effective oversight and production of the of the CIB’s consolidated AML Risk Assessment, and country-aligned Financial Crimes Regulatory Reporting.
- Maintain and further develop an effective AML Risk Assessment framework – ability to work across business and control partners to maintain an effect AML risk assessment framework. Take the lead to monitor the effectiveness of the framework and apply change where required
- Support the development of a strategic Risk Assessment solution – in partnership with Compliance design and implement target state AML risk assessment framework
- Maintain an effective AML regulatory reporting framework – ability to work across Compliance, business and control partners to maintain effective execution within the combined 2LoD/ 1LoD framework. Take the lead in monitoring the quality of the execution and apply change where required
- Provide advice to 1st and 2nd LoD – ability to conduct independent reviews and become a subject matter expert to provide guidance and input into the development of AML reporting
- Develop and implement effective risk based analytics – ability to deliver deep, thoughtful analysis to identify AML and operational risks
- Maintain effective governance – in partnership with Compliance maintain a robust escalation framework and deliver appropriate feedback on reporting to 1st and 2nd LoD
- Maintain Framework Procedures and Business Practices documents – ability to work across 1st and 2nd LoD to document and maintain effective CIB processes, identify gaps and lead the implementation of change
- Leadership & Management – direct management and supervision of other team members at VP level and below to direct and manage agreed outputs
- Significant professional experience (+/- 10 years) in a regulatory, risk, and/or control function
- Experience in delivering strong governance and oversight across line of business and risk disciplines
- Confident leader with good judgment, maturity and poise to enable interaction/influencing of senior management
- Have a collaborative style, flexible and the ability to partner with other team members across global time zones
- Analytical thinker who is adept at reading across issues and identifying key drivers
- Well organized with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and bring tasks to completion within established timeframes
- Excellent management skills, including ability to matrix manage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to convey complex ideas simply
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills
- Energetic, self-motivated and effective under pressure - must enjoy the challenge of working within a fast-paced, changing and demanding working environment