Athena Core - Project Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Athena is the firm’s strategic platform comprising a set of models, frameworks, libraries, programming paradigms and business components that provide cross-asset risk, pricing and trade management solutions to clients. The Athena Core Team is seeking candidates to be part of an exciting transformation program impacting the whole organization. The Portfolio Management team will comprise a team of flexible Project Managers. Each Project Manager will help manage the overall portfolio book of work and lead one or more Projects or Programs that deliver value across the Athena application estate. Project Managers will also manage releases of the Athena code base. The role will require collaboration with internal teams across both applications and infrastructure to deliver technology change, while also driving the further adoption of Agile management practices.
- Co-ordinate delivery of the book of work by working with Athena Core, Infrastructure and Applications that leverage the Athena Core Platform.
- Provide the structure, governance and transparency required to drive a large and small delivery programs/projects.
- Ensure outcomes, metrics, roadmaps, and reporting are in place.
- Generate and maintain key Program/Project Artefacts
- Ensure continuous data quality across the supporting systems.
- Manage blockers and impediments through to resolution.
- Ensure risks and dependencies are transparent, mitigated where applicable and fully accounted for in delivery.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities associated with Agile Teams and a Product Operating Model.
- Work closely with Product Owners/Managers, Technical Architects, Agility Leads and Engineering Leads to deliver against outcomes.
- Ensure Agile Planning and Forecasting is operational at the Program level.
- Own the annual plan/budget cycle, quarterly delivery cycle as well as continuous planning for your Programs/Projects.
- Project/Program Management experience in a technology environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentations skills targeting various stakeholders and senior management
- Proven ability to achieve quality results in a high-pressure, rapidly changing environment requiring flexibility / adaptability to changeable directives.
- Proven experience and understanding of the software delivery life cycle.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, detail-oriented, and strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
- Ability to develop strong partnerships across lines of business to achieve goals
- Experience of working with infrastructure teams