VP - Nostro Management Oversight
Job Type: Full time
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients’ needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Network Management is a central function within the CIB Digital & Platform Services organization responsible for managing the J.P. Morgan’s Lines of Business (“LOBs”) relationships with their network of local market participants and market infrastructures. These critical providers include Financial Market Infrastructures (“FMIs”) (payment systems, central counterparties (CCPs), and check clearing systems) and Agent Banks (sub custodians, cash correspondents, partners, and clearing banks).
With over 180 resources, the Network Management team is primarily located in London, Bournemouth, New York, Tampa, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mumbai to provide coverage of markets and selected clients. While the group resides within the CIB, it supports all J.P. Morgan’s lines of business including Corporate & Investment Bank (Global Markets; Securities Services; Wholesale Payments), Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Bank and Consumer & Community Banking.
As an experienced professional in Project Execution, you thrive at managing complex operational projects that have far-reaching implications for our employees, suppliers and stakeholders throughout the firm. This role requires a strong grasp of the big-picture – namely, how to design an effective operating model to perform Oversight effectively and efficiently utilising resources available including technology – as well as a keen ability to establish priorities, manage projects through execution, and build and incentivize cross high-performing cross functional project teams.
You'll work closely with colleagues to identify and develop opportunities. Once you establish a roadmap, you'll play a key role in ensuring that the project is running on time and delivers the stated goals. Just as importantly, you'll work to set goals, foster collaboration, and promote the values, culture, and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
The Oversight Team are a specialist team within the Network Management group, focused on the execution and delivery of oversight, through onboarding, steady state and disengagement to ensure the safe keeping of both client and the bank’s assets and meet our regulatory and legal obligations globally. The coverage model includes c.360 JPMorgan legal entities, c.65 jurisdictions, multiple lines and sub-lines of business across the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB), Asset and Wealth Management (AWM), the Commercial Bank (CB) and Consumer & Community Banking (CCB). The key focus of the team is to partner with the wider Network Management group, Corporate Third Party Oversight, Credit Risk, Compliance and Resilience to deliver oversight across the Network.
This role requires a wide range of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving & process re-engineering skills; able to see issues at both a high-level and in detail
- Be responsible for delivering the Operations strategy to support of the Oversight of the Network.
- Build strong, trusted relationships with Network Management and Business partners, inclusive of support functions such as Finance, Risk and Compliance
- Proven experience establishing and managing to project plans and key milestone dates working with high-performing teams in a complex environment
- Strong understanding of Waterfall and Agile methods; stakeholder management, risk management and operations
- Support the delivery of strategic initiatives to build scale, reduce manual touch-points and enhance the controls environment
- Ability to map and define processes using established Business Process Mapping methodologies
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the firm
- Seasoned communicator communication and interpersonal skills, ability to develop strong working relationships
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and with minimal guidance on day-to-day tasks
- Effective time management skills including goal setting, planning, prioritizing, scheduling, and monitoring
- Ability to build relationships with and influence colleagues, business leaders and functional partners.
- Confident communicator with ability to provide clear and succinct verbal and written updates; share strategic direction with the community and stakeholders.
- Thinks strategically and partner with teams to solve problems and continuously improve processes and controls