Wealth Management - Digital Advice & Execution Product Manager, Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan Private Bank advises the world’s wealthiest families and helps them achieve their desired goals. Our teams of Advisors deliver advice, solutions and services across investments, wealth planning, credit and banking to help clients build, preserve and manage their wealth over time.
Our team of specialists works seamlessly to help our clients achieve their financial goals and aspirations. We’re proud to be named ‘2019 Best Private Bank for Ultra-High-Net-Worth Clients’ by Euromoney: Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Qatar, Spain, United Arab Emirates and UK.
As part of the International Private Bank (IPB) Digital & Data Transformation (DDT) organization, the Digital Wealth Management (DWM) team aims to create a fully-integrated digital experience for IPB clients and design end-to-end journeys bringing the advisor, service, and client experience closer together. It’s an exciting time to be transforming our business and you will be one of the key leaders driving strategic change, helping to accelerate business growth and achieve efficiency goals globally.
The J.P. Morgan Online International (JPOI) product team is seeking a Product Manager to build Digital Advice & Execution capabilities across the International Private Bank (IPB); the candidate will work with a global team strategizing and implementing solutions across EMEA and Asia regions. Through partnership with bankers, advisors, senior leaders, designers, and technologists, the Product Manager will shape the digital product strategy and align priorities to ensure we’re solving our clients’ biggest problems.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for the product vision and strategies to come up with effective solutions to problems that are valuable (our users choose to use them), viable (the solution works for the business), usable (the users can figure out how to use them), and feasible (our engineers have the skills and technology to implement them).
You will be required to quickly learn the constraints of our business from Servicing, Trading, Finance, Operations, Legal, Risk, and Compliance, among others, to succeed. The successful Product Manager must also contribute a deep knowledge of our users and the data about how they engage with our products, coupled with tracking of industry trends and the competitive landscape to provide wholesale Product expertise to the business.
You will primarily partner with Technology and Design, but consistent engagement with Regional Business Leadership, Client Advisors, Client Service teams, Operations, Marketing, and Legal/Risk/Compliance stakeholders through the entire product management lifecycle will be necessary to ensure the businesses’ needs and control requirements are met.
Candidates should demonstrate extensive knowledge of digital product management and digital market trends. In addition, Candidates should have excellent communication skills, the ability to influence and negotiate, the ability to work as an individual contributor as well as a team, strong skills around the Agile framework, an equal appreciation of the discovery and execution process, and the ability to quantify delivery into success measures.
- Understands client needs. Invests in a deep understanding of the business opportunity, client needs, and competitive landscape to inform which initiatives and features to pursue. Participates in user experience research and integrates user feedback to uncover client needs and to inform feature definition so that it is relevant and useful.
- Defines strategy, operating model, and roadmap to achieve vision and business goals. Owns and drives the product roadmap to meet business goals and provide a leading client and product experience. Partners with developers and UX designers to deliver an intuitive and differentiated user experience. Prioritizes and defines each feature to meet client and business goals, while also meeting control requirements.
- Leads the product development lifecycle by defining requirements (in partnership with other teams), ensuring sprint inputs (e.g. designs and requirements) and outputs (e.g. tested code) are as envisioned, and providing direction and smart trade off decisions for the scrum team. Collaborates with other product and requirement owners and designers to deliver end-to-end product and experience. Partners with Technology to triage issues end-to-end until full resolution is achieved, then communicate issue resolution to appropriate parties and escalate issue as necessary to ensure proper response.
- Establishes approach to pilot/rollout new capabilities, including objective/scope, communication, training/support, and feedback/metrics.
- Embodies true “client-obsession” in identifying and leveraging user data, key performance metrics, industry trends, and varying forms of client and internal feedback to shape our designs and product roadmap.
- Develops and maintains deep relationships with delivery partners including senior leaders, Digital, Technology, Design, Operations, CAO, Client Service, and control functions across each region.
- Must be a strong problem solver and effective communicator with a curious mindset and underlying passion for digital.
- Previous product management or related experience required, with proven track record of delivery.
- Personal or professional experience in transacting digitally, preferred.
- Ability to define and execute product roadmap and business models.
- Ability to prioritize projects and efforts considering many variables including business and client needs, competitive and industry trends, resource and funding availability, and internal trade-offs.
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams at all levels for effective execution in an agile manner.
- Ability to manage tight delivery timelines and execute under pressure.
- Strong commitment to professional responsibilities, a degree of self-motivation suitable for a “start-up” team, and superior work ethic with adaptability to push beyond standard hours during busy periods to meet tight deadlines.