Strategic Program Delivery - Project Manager / PMO
Job Type: Full time
The Corporate & Investment Bank Strategic Program Delivery (CIB SPD) group is a global enablement function that reduces delivery risk for the most critical and high risk CIB programs. The group drives a diverse portfolio of programs, cross-Line of Business (LoB) or single LoB, with a focus on risk, complexity and criticality. The team has proven critical in the coordinated delivery of major Business initiatives such as Brexit, MIFID II, the build out of the majority owned Securities company in China, as well as ongoing strategic cross-CIB Technology initiatives (Application & Infrastructure Modernization, Data Centre Migrations, Records Management and LIBOR to name a few).
Whilst the majority of the delivery work is conducted within specific LoB technology teams, the SPD group provides a point of consolidated management across all streams and into the business stakeholders.
You will join an established team in Bournemouth as it extends its portfolio of initiatives. This will be a hybrid role incorporating both Project Management/Execution and Portfolio Delivery Office (PDO) skills. You will lead the execution delivery of a key initiative(s) and working with other SPD Program Managers to ensure efficient and efficient program oversight/governance is in place within the portfolio you support. You will be in the early stages and embarking on a project and program management career and welcome the opportunity to grow in this space.
- Level of Project Management and execution delivery experience, with proficiency in project management standards and methods. This includes planning, resourcing, e2e delivery lifecycles, RAID management, whilst managing timelines and stakeholders effectively.
- Experience of PMO and Portfolio Management with a focus on governance, reporting and communications. Comfortable identifying and challenging status updates from all levels of seniority where reporting standards are not met.
- Proven skills in chairing and facilitating global meetings with senior audiences, including: defining a concise agenda, communicating and assigning actions and bringing the focus back to the agenda where required.
- A solid analytical background with strong skills in using Excel, PowerPoint, JIRA & Confluence.
- Exceptional written communication skills, including the ability to adapt in style and level of detail based on the audience. Proficiency in creating executive level communications with an eye for slide design e.g. producing decks and analysis for senior leadership to the highest of standards.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple workstreams effectively whilst being proactive in communicating risks and issues and developing appropriate solutions.
- An ability to pick up new concepts and information quickly and to ask effective questions.
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Formal Project/Program Management qualifications such as PRINCE2, PMP, etc