Product Manager - Platform Experience
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Who we are
We are not your standard bank, we are a house of innovation! We are part of the team that launched Chase as a new UK bank in 2021, and are now building a new team in a new department with even bigger ambitions. More details will be provided during the interview but for now we can enthusiastically say: It’s challenging, it’s high stakes, it’s fun!
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing products that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization with diverse professionals that come from a wide set of skills, backgrounds and experiences, including b2b and b2c businesses.
Team members have broad autonomy to collaborate and work in a cross-functional way and we value your opinion in every matter; so if you are a designer and you want to write Python code - please do! Or an engineer and want to do user testing - go for it! Teams own their work end-to-end and we have a flat organizational structure.
Our inclusive culture is hugely important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, compassionate people who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. We are about bringing new products to market that solve real world problems for real life customers, not just innovation for the sake of innovation. We are human first; we love working with each other, and we need personal connections and in-person bonding. We find we are happier, more motivated and more productive this way. If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of we'd encourage you to read on and apply, even if the job description isn't an exact match for you, we can promise to review your application and let you know if there is anything that might be suitable in the future!
What you’ll do
As the Product Manager - Platform Experience, you are responsible for driving the strategy and development of a world-class customer and developer experience for our financial services platform. You will own the definition of user journeys, user flows and overall user experience, including the documentation portal, the configuration and provisioning surfaces, and the operational and analytical dashboards, thus providing a consistent, coherent, and intuitive end-to-end experience across all touchpoints.
- Define the long-term vision and strategy for the Platform Services team, based on a deep understanding of customer needs, industry landscape and regulatory environment.
- Conduct market and customer research to deeply understand target customers and their needs and pain points. Use data and insights to extract best practices, patterns and trends to shape the product and inform product choices.
- Test and validate hypotheses early on using a variety of methods, including prototyping and engaging early adopters.
- Regularly (daily) Interact with internal product teams to understand their needs and translate them into platform requirements.
- Define and clearly articulate product requirements, create and maintain a prioritized backlog, and create a delivery roadmap.
- Build, lead, mentor and set the pace for the teams that will support delivery of your product and vision.
- Define objectives and key success metrics for the product. Define what good looks like across all stages of the product life cycle.
- Collaborate with stakeholders such as Design, Engineering, Data, Operations, Marketing, Commercial teams to drive the product to success.
- Continuously measure and analyze performance indicators to drive incremental, high-cadence improvements.
- Act a subject matter expert on platform experiences, representing the product to internal stakeholders and customers, and providing knowledge and training to multi-disciplinary teams as needed.
- Be hands-on, navigating high level strategy down to implementation-level details, and delegating as necessary to build your product and take it to market successfully.
Who you are
You love to build products that add value to this world. You are curious and eager to learn. You are experienced and eager to teach. You are comfortable with a certain level of ambiguity. You have high confidence and a low ego.
- High level of autonomy and accountability. Culture-heavy, process-light.
- A hands-on attitude, navigating from high-level strategy to implementation-level details with any and all teams across the organization.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to understand and solve complex customer needs.
- A keen eye for design, and proven experience working closely with Design and Engineering teams to deliver B2C or B2B experiences.
- Excellent leadership and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Strong attention to detail and quality, with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Curiosity and ability to think “outside the box”, while applying a rigorous, data-led disciplined approach to product management and innovation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience with B2B product management.
- Experience in financial services, with deep understanding of the financial ecosystem, challenges and opportunities.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognise that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.