Project Manager - External Party Reference Data Operations - Vice President
Job Type: Full time
Client Account Services (CAS) – Party Reference Data Operations (PRD) mission is to help improve the quality, integrity and reliability of the firm’s critical data. Party Reference Data actively contributes to the firm’s efforts in growing the business, reducing costs, and ensuring regulatory compliance. The organization’s objectives are to explain the path that critical data follows, improve data quality, reduce ambiguity and inconsistent terminology, enhance transparency, rationalize the number of replicated data assets, and improve firmwide-sharing of information and best practices. To achieve all of this, PRD serves as the governing body to create firmwide standards that drive consistent data management practices, develop technologies and processes to support data management processes, partner with other departments to embed data management best practices and capabilities, and ensure sustainability by refining, measuring, and improving the firm’s ability to manage data.
Strong partnerships with other US and global functional support areas are essential, which include technology, compliance, business support management, product business managers, business control office, and finance teams. Developing a good rapport with partners, stakeholders, and senior management is critical; this role interacts with the leads across the Party Reference Data, Reference Data Strategy, and all lines of businesses.
- Partner with stakeholders to clearly define and manage project scope, objectives, and key milestones.
- Ensure projects are completed within established time and budget schedules and in compliance to enterprise project management standards for the respective program.
- Define and manage timely execution of the project plan following a traditional Project Life Cycle (PLC) framework in an Agile delivery environment
- Produce project materials at all stages of project development lifecycle - current state process flows, business use cases, gap analyses, and future state models.
- Support the production of project and program level communication for various governance forums and create visual journey maps and presentations for senior management
- Coordinate end to end User Acceptance Testing process; track and ensure closure/acceptance of defects prior to implementation.
- Ensure operational and business change readiness; support the definition and documentation of new and enhanced operating models to implement strategic business priorities.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Significant experience in project management and financial services required
- Partnership-oriented and team player with ability to communicate with all staff levels within and outside of own area including senior level stakeholders with technical backgrounds
- Demonstrated proficiency/advanced skills using Excel, Visio and PowerPoint as well as working knowledge of project planning and tracking tools such as MS Project, MyPM, JIRA, Confluence and Clarity
- Maintains a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize/multi-task, with ability to handle multiple deliverables concurrently to deliver high quality results in committed timeframes. Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high performing organization
- Builds a sense of community, creating a positive team environment and modeling a global, diverse mindset and inclusive behavior
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Related experience managing projects following traditional PLC framework in an Agile delivery environment