Product Control Associate - Credit Portfolio Group Lending
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Credit Portfolio Group (CPG) lending business is a key part of the broader CIB Credit Risk management function. CPG is responsible for centrally managing J.P. Morgan’s retained credit risks, arising from our industry leading syndicated lending and derivative marketing businesses. To accomplish this, CPG works in conjunction with Portfolio Management, Research and Solutions to analyze company fundamentals as well as industry and market trends.
CPG maintains a complex set of interconnected systems underpinning the risk management and financial reporting framework while developing next generation architecture. Preserving the independence of both the management and reporting of credit risk, CPG serves as a single consistent point of contact for senior management and regulators.
The Product Controller team is an integral component of the CIB Finance & Business Management (F&BM) function and is responsible for providing business advisory and accounting support, control oversight and integrity of the financial statements and transaction end-to-end control in support of the business.
Responsibilities of this team include, but are not limited to, oversight of financial statement and management reporting, ensuring compliance with accounting policies including new business initiatives and product review, business performance control, business analytics and expense management. Since contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department experience JPMorgan businesses, products and technology systems in depth.
You will be provided a great opportunity to support the pnl and risk production of the Credit Portfolio Group which focuses on the CIBs retained credit risk. You will will have a rare opportunity to learn about end-to-end credit risk management and become a subject matter expert on different mitigation strategies including - various derivative hedging strategies (CDS, IR, FX, Equity, etc), the role of capital management and redeployment, loan distribution and valuation, etc.
With strong accounting, communication, and teamwork skills, you will be critical to developing strong partnerships across multiple functions and regions.
- Production, preparation and reporting of the daily P&L and Risk
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting on the financials to desk heads, business managers, and senior finance management
- Partner with the business to drive forth and implement robust controls and new business initiatives
- Drive coordination across various front & back office support functions to ensure resolution of control and reporting issues in an accurate and timely manner
- Serve as an analytical and project support resource for product control
- Handle various ad-hoc requests on a daily basis
- Manage projects and initiatives related to all of the above, as well as larger cross-business programs
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Solid experience within Product Control, Financial Control, Accounting, or related area
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related area
- Solid understanding of financial products would be advantageous
- Previous P&L or risk experience is preferable
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail including a strong control focus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Strong technical skills in using Excel and PowerPoint