Asset Management - Equity Research Analyst - Insurance - Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
At J.P. Morgan Asset Management, we provide equity solutions to many of the world’s largest pension plans, sovereign wealth funds and central banks. The cornerstone of our approach to equity investing is our dedication to in-house research. Our on-the-ground presence in key markets, combined with structured collaboration across regions and sectors, allows us to identify, share and compare ideas around the globe. Our equity investment processes are founded on tried and tested investment philosophies, consistently applied, within a robust risk management framework. We provide equity strategies across regions, sectors, styles and the market cap spectrum.
Our European Equity Research team is currently looking for a Research Analyst to cover insurance companies with an initial emphasis on the largest 20 stocks in the European Index.
Your role will include working closely with a global network of insurance analysts as well as European and Global PMs based in London and New York. Our preference is for candidates with strong, existing experience in insurance, ideally in Europe. Analysts at JPM are investors, and as such you should have robust forecasting, risk taking and communication skills. Our internal culture demands high standards but is friendly, respectful and places high value on diversity and inclusion.
- Research companies and industries; cover the given universe of insurance stocks.
- Make relative value comparisons and investment recommendations to portfolio managers.
- Participate in managing regional and global analyst funds.
- Collaborate and communicate with a global network of JPMAM analysts.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Work is fast paced, with tight deadlines and high pressure for results.
- Strong ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Intellectually curious and driven by a desire to build insight into a business.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Deep thinking around behavioural biases and effective decision making.
- Ability to take risk and stick to a long-term investment framework over time.
- Considerable contact with external parties.