UX Design Associate
Job Type: Full time
Financial management tools should demonstrate the same care and craft as consumer software, designed with contemporary user- and human-centered practices. Product Designers are part of multi-disciplinary teams, including experience researchers and content designers, committed to designing the future of banking. In this role, you will be part of a multi-year transformation into the fin-tech future of institutional banking incorporating emerging technologies such as block chain, data science, machine learning and cyber-security into the Payments products we create.
As a UX Design, Associate on our Payments Operations team, you will conceptualize, structure, and detail our user experiences within the context of a broader user journey. You will partner with Product Managers and Engineers, involved in prioritization, planning, and decisions along the way to execution. We are not expecting you to be brilliant at everything, but we do presume some comfort throughout the design process, and a desire to continually broaden and improve your skills.
Our team, which sits within JP Morgan's institutional bank (serving corporate clients), leverages emerging technologies to develop and refine the tools considered most essential to the users that keep this business at the top of the industry.
Working as a valued member of a collaborative multidisciplinary team (User Research, Service Design, Visual Design, Product Managers, Business Stakeholders, Engineers) you will work closely with the business and users, following best practice User-Centered Design to deliver innovative and creative solutions to complex problems.
- Design and re-design product experiences across our Payments Ops offerings
- Partner with UX Researchers and Lead Designers, participate in upfront user research to better understand user needs and behaviors, and usability testing to see how your solutions work for users
- Collaborate directly with engineering peers, advocating for the user’s perspective when working cross-functionally
- Perform ideation and prototyping to explore different options, including unexpected, but still workable solutions
- Diagram the interactivity of the product, including user flows and wireframes
- Detail the designs, built upon our Design System, that brings our solutions to life
- Present work and articulate design decisions to Product Team leadership
Required Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant design discipline (e.g., Interaction Design, HCI, User Experience Design), certification from credible bootcamp or similar accelerated learning program, or equivalent work experience
- Relevant work experience
- Plans and structures their own work, executing quality work within expected time frames
- Demonstrated experience with user-centered design approaches
- Prior work involves collaboration within design teams (with other designers, UX researchers, and content designers) and cross-functionally with product managers and software engineers
- Demonstrates strong Interaction Design skills paired with proficiency in Visual/UI Design or Information Architecture; Development in adjacent skills such as User Research, UX Writing, and Prototyping
- Able to show how your understanding of technical constraints and opportunities informed your design solutions
- Intermediate communication and presentation skills, including articulating the rationale behind design decisions within the team
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills
- Developing understanding of Accessibility Guidelines and Inclusive Design practices
- Has shipped digital products or a launch-ready prototype
- Foundational understanding of business needs, and how design connects with it