Software Engineer III - React
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Out of the successful launch of Chase in 2021, we’re a new team, with a new mission. We’re creating products that solve real world problems and put customers at the center - all in an environment that nurtures skills and helps you realize your potential. Our team is key to our success. We’re people-first. We value collaboration, curiosity and commitment.
As a Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within the Platform Team you are the heart of this venture, focused on getting smart ideas into the hands of our customers. You have a curious mindset, thrive in collaborative squads, and are passionate about new technology. By your nature, you are also solution-oriented, commercially savvy and have a head for fintech. You thrive in working in tribes and squads that focus on specific products and projects – and depending on your strengths and interests, you'll have the opportunity to move between them.
While we’re looking for professional skills, culture is just as important to us. We understand that everyone's unique – and that diversity of thought, experience and background is what makes a good team, great. By bringing people with different points of view together, we can represent everyone and truly reflect the communities we serve. This way, there's scope for you to make a huge difference – on us as a company, and on our clients and business partners around the world
As a Front-End Senior Software Engineer, you’ll play a pivotal role in designing and delivering world-class customer and developer experiences for our financial services platform.
- Shape the User Experience for a Cutting-Edge Company: You'll have a hand in defining the UX for our groundbreaking venture.
- Collaborate with Product Designers: Work closely with our talented product designers to bring new features to life through design and rapid prototyping.
- End-to-End User Experience Design: Be a part of the entire user experience design journey, from wireframes and mockups to implementation and launch.
- Innovate and Problem Solving: Collaborate with designers and business stakeholders to solve intriguing challenges and implement elegant solutions.
- Maintain Visual Consistency: Contribute to defining and upholding visual guidelines to ensure a consistent look and feel throughout our application.
- Prototype: Quickly prototype new user interactions and iterate based on feedback from peers.
- Bridge Gaps: Step in to handle ambiguities and make decisions when product and UX are running behind.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and proficient applied experience
- Adaptability: Thrive in an environment of uncertainty and rapid changes in direction.
- Software Development Acumen: Understand software development processes, uphold code quality principles, and employ testing techniques.
- Collaborative Experience: Previous experience collaborating on software projects with both design and backend components.
- Quick Learner: Demonstrate a knack for rapid learning and possess an ambitious, results-driven personality.
- Strong Communication: Excellent communication and organizational skills to work effectively within a fast-paced team.
- Team Player: Ability to excel as part of a cohesive team in a high-speed environment.
Technologies We Use
- React, Node.js, Typescript, Vite
- TanStack Query, React Router
- Vitest, Playwright
- Github,Github Actions
- Figma, Storybook, Chromatic