Big Data AWS Software Engineer III
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
You’re ready to gain the skills and experience needed to grow within your role and advance your career — and we have the perfect software engineering opportunity for you.
As a Big Data AWS Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within the Corporate Technology – Asset Wealth Management Risk division, you will be a key player in an agile team, tasked with designing and delivering top-tier technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable manner. Your role will involve implementing vital technology solutions across a range of technical areas, supporting various business functions to achieve the firm's business objectives.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test Driven Development approach
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems
- Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
- Participate in regular standups and code reviews
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on database & PL/SQL engineering concepts and applied experience.
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Working knowledge of AWS technologies, Terraform, Unix.
- Experience with Databricks, Spark, HDFS, HBase, Hive
- Experience in resolving the data processing performance issues through improvements.
- Experience in projects with large data volumes, batch processing.
- Proficient in coding in one or more languages
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security, Jules, Jenkins, Git/Stash
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Exposure to No-SQL databases, Python Programming, Informatica