Global Credit Trading & Syndicate - Fixed Income Portfolio Trading - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As an associate in Fixed Income Portfolio Trading, you will help senior traders cover institutional accounts and make markets in your group’s particular range of products.
We are one of the world’s largest trading firms, renowned globally for our breadth of services and unparalleled expertise. We make markets in virtually all major asset classes while engineering complex financial solutions to manage risk, enhance yield and solve clients’ complex financial problems. Globally, we hold leadership positions across the equity and fixed income product spectrum with hubs in three global regions: the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. We are also a leading innovator in the derivative market, structuring derivatives to manage risk, enhance yield and solve clients’ complex financial problems. Markets on the rise include futures & options, as well as commodities.
- Help senior traders cover institutional accounts and make markets in your group’s particular range of products.
- Assist the team in processing, structuring and marketing portfolio trades across asset classes and you may support all aspects of the portfolio trading desk: pre-trade analysis, research on index constituent changes, inbound and outbound trade processing and the design of optimal strategies for portfolio trades.
- Track supply and demand, you constantly evaluate market developments in order to give clients and team-mates accurate product information.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Entrepreneurial drive with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Someone who thrives on the challenge of competitive pressures and is able to remain focused on client needs
- Someone who has excellent communication skills and works well with colleagues in a fast-paced environment
- Expert Bloomberg, Excel, Power Point and MS Office skills
- Experience in a similar role (in trading)
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills to juggle live transactions and daily tasks
- Maturity and the ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced and open environment
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Fixed income and programming experience are strongly preferred
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.