Agility Coach (Executive Director) - Corporate Technology
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
As an Agility Coach reporting to the Enterprise Agility Lead you will be comfortable coaching and supporting Scrum Teams and managing a small team of Scrum Masters as they facilitate delivery within their teams. You will seamlessly move from coaching Feature Teams on their Scrum Technique to advising Leadership on the best Operating Models, and Scaled Agility approaches.
You will be experienced in coaching multiple Feature Teams at the same time, alongside the tools and the techniques required to deploy Agility at Scale. Continuous Improvement is a key skill and you must be able to foster that attitude within the teams you coach. This role requires a pragmatic approach to the application of Agility in the Enterprise as well as a high level of comfort in adapting approaches to fit the needs of the teams you work with, and the wider business.
Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, and problem solving is essential to our success. We bring people together with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We support teamwork, thinking big, and taking risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on relevant projects, while building an environment that provides support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. We're excited to see what you'll bring to our team.
- Work with the Enterprise Agility Lead, your peers within the organization, direct reports, and the Leadership Team, supporting the transformation of the organization to a product-centric operating model
- Foster an environment of collaboration within the teams that allows for open dialogue, clear communication, and productive solutions for resolving hurdles or conflicts. Contribute and collaborate on ideas to help the team(s) attain high performance
- Manage a small team of direct reports and help them to grow and develop
- Coach and mentor teams on Agile principles and practices, including Scrum, Kanban, and Lean, tailoring your approach to individual needs and contexts
- Foster maturation of Agile mindset by asking powerful questions focusing on scaled program planning, scrum of scum, identifying cross program dependencies, scaled release planning and empirical data for decision making
- Partner with teams to identify opportunities for process optimization and performance enhancement, facilitating the adoption of best practices through innovative Agile tools and techniques.
- Lead process improvement Root Cause Analysis and brainstorming workshops with Agility Leads
- Act as a catalyst for positive change, inspiring and motivating individuals to embrace Agile values
- Promote knowledge sharing within the organization, fostering a community of Agile practitioners
- Partner with the product owners and scrum masters to align teams with the product vision and sprint goals
- Facilitate and participate in all Agile ceremonies (e.g., Sprint planning, Daily Scrum, Grooming Sessions, Sprint Reviews and Retrospective) and empower teams to lead their own processes
- Develop and deliver engaging training sessions and workshops on Agile methodologies and best practices
- Stay abreast of the latest Agile trends and advancements, sharing your knowledge and expertise with the team
- Teach systems thinking and servant leadership
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise with Agile and Scrum frameworks and their application in product development and delivery organizations
- Solid understanding of one or more Scaled Agile Frameworks such as SAFe, LeSS, or Scrum at Scale
- Possess an executive presence and ability to asses, coach, and mentor multiple teams across the product
- In-depth knowledge of industry-wide technology strategies alongside ability to collaborate with and influence people across various levels
- Ability to collaborate with and influence people at various levels as well as leverage capabilities across the firm to support business needs
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Preferred tool experience: JIRA, JIRA Align, Lucid spark and Confluence