Product Manager - Onyx Digital Assets, Blockchain (Analyst, Associate)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a self-starter with a delivery mindset and a team first attitude to build new services and applications for the Onyx Digital Assets product suite. The ideal candidate is someone who has a strong understanding of the relevant business drivers, processes and functions for a (or multiple) business lines, such as Treasury Services, Capital Markets, Securities Services or Asset Management. A product manager on the team must be comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people, from senior business leaders to internal engineering to controls teams, from external service providers to our largest clients, in order to define, develop and deliver best-in-class solutions. A desire to transform financial infrastructure, with a proven passion for blockchain and digital asset ecosystems, is a must.
Onyx by J.P. Morgan
Onyx by J.P. Morgan is at the forefront of a major shift in the financial services industry. We are innovators and thought-leaders who have cultivated a deep understanding of institutional banking and technology to create reliable infrastructure and services, and are the first global bank to offer a blockchain-based platform for wholesale payments and capital markets transactions. Our work is re-architecting the way that money, information and assets move around the world.
Onyx is made up of four business stripes –
- Liink by J.P. Morgan, a blockchain network of banks that facilitates payments and banking information exchange
- Coin Systems, a global provider of shared ledger solutions enabled by JPM Coin
- Onyx Digital Assets, a blockchain network that has the capability to enable exchange of value for various types of digital assets
- Blockchain Launch, a leader in productionizing new applications and shared platform technology
About Onyx Digital Assets, a network from Onyx by J.P. MorganSM
Onyx Digitals Assets is a business line within Onyx that enables the creation, transfer, and settlement of tokenized traditional assets. ‘ODA’, as it’s more commonly known, is an enterprise-grade, blockchain-based technology platform built for financial institutions, corporations, and innovators to create new markets and products that are unavailable or hindered in traditional finance. Applications built on the ODA platform can be developed to accommodate a variety of use cases.
ODA has processed nearly $1 trillion in transactions since its inception in December 2020 and boasts some of the world’s largest Financial Institutions as clients.
- Supports development of a product strategy and product vision that delivers value to customers (may span both end-users and developers)
- Supports discovery efforts and market research to uncover client solutions and integrate them into the product roadmap
- Contributes to development and delivery of a product backlog that enables development to support the overall strategic roadmap and value proposition
- Builds the framework to determine product success and tracks KPIs
- Maintains an understanding of the latest developments within the blockchain and digital asset space and uses this knowledge to shape technical strategy with Engineering
- You are intellectually curious, see things differently, and challenge the status quo; you are not afraid to ask questions
- 2+ years of experience or equivalent expertise in product management or a relevant domain area
- You have experience working in financial services for institutions. As a result, you have a growing understanding of the relevant drivers, processes and functions for a related business domain and can leverage that knowledge in order to help shape the future state of J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank’s businesses
- You have growing knowledge of the product development lifecycle and experience in delivering solutions, from concept through to demonstrable output
- You are execution focused, action-oriented and pay attention to detail
- You have strong verbal and written presentation skills – converting ideas into well-articulated, visually impactful presentations is your thing! PowerPoint is your friend
- You are able to act independently and take initiative but work equally well within a dynamic and fast paced team environment
- You have a passion for blockchain technology and are driven by transforming existing structures and market practices in order to provide better services and experiences to our clients
- You are comfortable with presenting ideas to senior management & clients and are excited to work with vendors and startups in the blockchain community
- Ideally you have a solid understanding of distributed ledger technology and related applications, including a technical understanding of cryptocurrency technology fundamentals and private distributed ledger implementations
- Bonus points if you spend time thinking about how to build the new (financial) world!
- Demonstrated prior experience working in a highly matrixed, complex organization
- Demonstrated prior experience building technical platform features that serve a variety of applications
- A zest for hands-on experimentation with new & emerging tech never hurts!