Software Engineer III - Frontend/React
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Out of the successful launch of Chase in 2021, we’re a new team, with a new mission. We’re creating products that solve real world problems and put customers at the center - all in an environment that nurtures skills and helps you realize your potential. Our team is key to our success. We’re people-first. We value collaboration, curiosity and commitment.
As a Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within the Accelerator Business you are the heart of this venture, focused on getting smart ideas into the hands of our customers. You have a curious mindset, thrive in collaborative squads, and are passionate about new technology. By your nature, you are also solution-oriented, commercially savvy and have a head for fintech. You thrive in working in tribes and squads that focus on specific products and projects – and depending on your strengths and interests, you'll have the opportunity to move between them.
While we’re looking for professional skills, culture is just as important to us. We understand that everyone's unique – and that diversity of thought, experience and background is what makes a good team, great. By bringing people with different points of view together, we can represent everyone and truly reflect the communities we serve. This way, there's scope for you to make a huge difference – on us as a company, and on our clients and business partners around the world.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems
- Contributions to designing and building scalable and performant front-end solutions written in TypeScript using React / React Native.
- Advocates for and encourage high standards and best practices to maintain high code quality.
- Providing constructive and insightful feedback to teammates, participating in a strong engineering culture.
- Writing testable code, built for scalability, reliability and resilience.
- Working as part of a cross-functional squad, taking ownership of issues and bringing together necessary stakeholders to drive decision making and action.
- Participates in technical discussions, contributing with insightful and informed opinions to the decision making process.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and proficient applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Proficient in coding in one or more languages
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Technical: Highly competent, with a strong engineering-first mindset, an ability to solve complex problems elegantly with an emphasis on scalability and performance.
- Adaptability: Thrive in an environment of uncertainty and rapid changes in direction.
- Collaborative Experience: A team player who thrives in working in cross-functional teams, driving things forward.
- Quick Learner: Demonstrate a knack for rapid learning and possess an ambitious, results-driven personality.
- Strong Communication: Excellent communication and organizational skills to work effectively within a fast-paced, high-performing team.
- Team Player: Ability to excel as part of a cohesive team in a high-speed environment.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Exposure to cloud technologies
If you're ready to embark on an exhilarating journey where creativity meets innovation, and you're eager to be a part of a pioneering team in the B2B financial products realm, we'd love to hear from you.