Custody Operations – Asset Associate
Job Type: Full time
This role provides an outstanding opportunity at JPMorgan Chase for you to join a high-profile team and take a partnership role, supporting one of the Bank’s most significant change programs.
As a Custody Operations – Asset Associate in the Operational Readiness team you will play a senior role in strategic implementations for the department, ensuring seamless technology rollouts to minimise risk to the department.
- Manages the workflow through the life cycle of Asset Servicing migrations and governance.
- Controls of the daily workflow
- Ensures all daily controls and processing are completed and signed off, including client service inquiry resolution, cash and stock break, and event management, as well as all key metrics are produced as required
- Provides direction and leadership to the team & Contribute to the strategic development of asset servicing products
- Provides effective communications to the department, ensuring staff are aware of strategic and regulatory changes in the organization
- Reviews of content and presentation of Standard Operating Procedures, in line with new policies and ongoing risk management activities
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Operational subject matter expertise in Reconciliation, Settlements, Trade Support, Asset Servicing, Risk and Control, and Custody
- Strong people management skills, ability to lead and motivate managers
- Strong ability to learn ongoing stream of new markets, products, and processes
- Strong risk and control awareness, including the ability to effectively prioritize workloads and work to critical deadlines
- Confident communicator in all mediums with both internal and external clients
- Strategic thinker, ability to review and implement process improvements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Relevant degree education preferred, however, non-degree candidates with a proven track record in a similar role will be considered.
- Financial Services background would be preferred, ideally within a Custody or Investment Bank environment.
- Experience in Custody Operations with experience in Asset Servicing, Trades, Settlements etc
- Proficient in Project Management skills