CIB Operations – Securities Services Resiliency - Regulation & Industry Lead Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You will join a newly created team, which is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of resiliency for the Securities Services business. The team function covers the following core disciplines: incident management, regulation, governance, planning and testing, clients and industry. Following the issuance of new regulation on operational resiliency, this function is key to ensure that the business can withstand and recover from disruptions minimizing the impact to customers, the firm, market Integrity and financial stability.
This role will entail close collaboration across Securities Services, CIB (Corporate & Investment Bank) Resiliency Team, and Firmwide Business Resiliency to ensure adherence to resiliency regulation across jurisdictions and drive best practices with the Securities Services Industry. We are seeking an experienced regulatory expert with deep knowledge of the Securities Services business and client behaviours who can deliver on key priorities for the team. This newly created position within Securities Services will report into the Global Head of Securities Services Resiliency.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Regulation – assess impacts of new resiliency regulation and regulatory inspections on the Securities Services business across jurisdictions and products. Engage senior business owners to approve scope and approach and ensure relevant investment to deliver on required operating model change.
- Cross Line of Business – partnership with CIB businesses, CIB Resiliency and Firmwide Business Resiliency team to ensure consistent approach to regulation and firmwide standards.
- Financial Market Infrastructure – Partnership with Product and Network to drive continuous improvements for resiliency and contingency capabilities for critical FMIs and represent Securities Services at key FMI working groups and test events.
- Industry – participate in key industry forums to drive consistency and best practices, be that in the capacity as a global custodian or as an outsourced service provider.
- Clients – lead on franchise client engagements, enabling oversight and transparency of JPM’s resiliency under the new regulation. Partnership with CIB and Firmwide Business Resiliency to enhance client facing materials to deliver both scale and value proposition for a wide client base.
- Sub-Custodians – partnership with Network and Operations to deliver continuous improvements for resiliency and contingency capabilities across Securities Services’ agent bank network.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Capabilities
- You will have significant experience in the Financial Services industry, with experience of working with or delivering to regulators.
- You will have a deep understanding of the Securities Services business and the regulatory environment.
- Sound understanding across client segments and operating models.
- Proven stakeholder management skills required to work cross-organizationally to influence others, drive results and implement change.
- Analytical skills, problem solving, good critical thinking and decision-making skills based upon fact and business/industry knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deliver succinct and accurate messaging to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Technology systems which support Securities Services.
- Previous experience of industry participation and advocacy, able to perform peer competitor analysis.
- Experience in a client facing role.