Lead Software Engineer- DevOps
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience from a bank they can trust, so we launched our digital bank, Chase, to revolutionise mobile banking with seamless journeys that our customers love. We're already trusted by millions in the US and we're quickly catching up – but how we do things here is a little different. We're building the bank of the future from scratch, channelling our start-up mentality every step of the way – meaning you'll have the opportunity to make a real impact.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within the Nutmeg Digital Wealth Management, you will be responsible for looking after the heart of what makes Nutmeg the company it is. Operating within the Platform function alongside Security, Architecture and Developer Experience teams, you’ll be heavily involved with all our technical infrastructure, from designing, through build and the ongoing operation of a platform running in Kubernetes on AWS.
Our Platform team is at the heart of this venture, focused on getting smart ideas into the hands of our customers. We're looking for people who have a curious mindset, thrive in collaborative squads, and are passionate about new technology. By their nature, our people are also solution-oriented, commercially savvy and have a head for fintech. We work in tribes and squads that focus on specific products and projects – and depending on your strengths and interests, you'll have the opportunity to move between them.
- Build and maintain a Kubernetes on AWS platform used by 150+ engineers
- Advocate good practices and principals throughout the engineering function
- Standardise deployment and usage of cloud resources to ease technology adoption and comply with security controls
- Work with stakeholders, such as security, to understand the requirements of the platform
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Formal training or certification on automation/deployment/delivery environments concepts and proficient advanced experience
- Proven track record of building and managing continual automation / deployment / delivery environments
- Proficiency running infrastructure on cloud platforms, such as AWS and GCP, appreciation for their failure modes, and a good understanding of network concepts and fundamentals
- Expertise in managing and maintaining Kubernetes clusters in production
- Strong coding skills (Go/Python)
- Excellent knowledge on observability tooling and best practices
- Experience working within or alongside engineering teams to deliver
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Systems and database experience, with an understanding of the challenges involved in designing and building distributed/microservice environments
- Knowledge or experience of scalable technologies such as Kafka
- A passion for learning new things and experimenting with new technologies