Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Control Manager – Chase UK
Here at JPMorgan Chase & Co., we know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience, from a bank they can trust. So we launched a new digital bank called Chase – to revolutionise mobile banking by creating seamless digital journeys that our customers love. For us, that means keeping ourselves customer obsessed and always being open to trying new things. Above all, it's about working with people who are passionate about building the bank of the future.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused individuals, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
Reporting to the International Consumer Bank Head of Firmwide Program controls, you will be responsible for the hands on delivery and implementation of Firm wide Programs within the International Consumer Business Globally and Chief Strategy & Growth Office initiatives. You will be part of an agile, future focused, and collaborative team. On any day of the week, you might assess the operational strengths and vulnerabilities involved in a recent acquisition, design enhancements to our business platform to support new and existing products, develop an advanced technology solution built with machine learning to drive process improvement, or proactively identify and respond to high profile issues or emerging risks of utmost importance to C-suite level executives. As a senior leader and manager you are empowered to add value and make an impact from day one. In Control Management you are exposed to a stimulating and rewarding environment, where a wide range of investment and banking activities require engagement with cross-disciplinary teams to build creative solutions. Our people-first culture underpins everything that we do. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, master new skills for the future, and join a diverse, inclusive community of professionals that embrace teamwork and innovation.
- Firmwide Programs: Lead key Firmwide initiatives including but not limited to Third Party Outsourcing, Business Resiliency, Data Governance , Marketing & CX across International Consumer Bank Globally and for Firm’s Strategy & Growth Office (SGO). Constantly assessing the effectiveness of data governance relative to established programs, business processes, and the direction the firm is taking.
- Regulatory Engagements: Lead global regulatory interactions/relationships/exams with OCC, FED, PRA, FCA, BaFIN, ECB etc and subsequent Matter Requiring Actions (MRA) for International Consumer Bank Globally including but not limited to Outsourcing, resiliency and data Governance.
- Control Evaluation Managing all Control activities including the control governance forum, control evaluation, regulatory interactions, process reviews, intelligent automation, as well as establishing a robust control environment and thereby building the bank of the future.
- Operational Risk Management: Partnering effectively with colleagues across the firm, business, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit, regulators, and technology control functions to drive consistent and rigorous operational risk practices and control programs, including control committees, risk mitigation, key risk indicators, control design, and performance evaluations.
- Intelligence Automation: Overseeing Design and implementation of controls for the future using Robotics Process automation tools like UiPath, Snowflakes, Alteryx, and Exceptor within the control function and design the controls of the future.
- Control and Operational Risk Evaluation Framework: Overseeing and managing the Control and Operational Risk Evaluation (CORE) program. Focuses on four areas: Control Design & Expertise, Risks & Controls Identification/Assessment, Issues & Control Deficiencies and Control Governance & Reporting.
- Policy and Standards compliance: Ensuring operational practices are in compliance with relevant risk standards, policies, and regulations to maintain an effective control environment. Managing a portfolio of key metrics to inform on the health of the operational risk and control environment.
- Training and Other Control Initiatives: Driving and managing projects and initiatives on risk and controls (e.g. awareness programs, risk expos, trainings, etc.). Contributing to the overall performance of the business by helping to identify, recruit, and retain top talent and financial advisors in the region.
- Controls Culture Carrier:
- Provide operational risk guidance and analysis for new business/products/initiatives to business and to the controls team.
- Identify, assess, advise, and drive strategic solutions to increase efficiency and create a more resilient operating environment.
- Ensure effectiveness of key controls and lead communications with regulatory and audit bodies, both internally and externally
- Oversee governance of business operational risks, escalating issues appropriately to line of business and Firmwide operating committees. Collaborate with senior business clients and partners across functional areas (e.g., Legal, Finance, Compliance, Risk) and geographies
- Management-level experience at a large financial institution, regulator, consulting firm and/or retail banking. Experience of setting up a new retail/ digital bank a big plus
- Experience in, or working with, Audit / Regulators / Controls/ Operational Risk Management at a large, complex banking organization
- Deep knowledge of and experience with regulators’ exam processes and regulatory matters
- A strong track record of managing relationships at a senior level
- Superior, proven management skills, including the ability to identify and develop new talent and to think and act strategically
- Industry Expert in Operational Risk Management & controls within Financial Services industry, with a strong understanding of Operational Risk Management Regulatory Frameworks and their application.
- Demonstrated experience across conducting Risk and Control Self-Assessment, Review and Management of Operational Risk Issues, experience with new product launches and/or product change.
- Experience working and efficiently delivering in an information technology area / environment is a plus (e.g. IT Auditing, Programming Controls, Data Management and Governance etc).
- Superior communication skills, including active listening and the ability to capture and deliver key takeaways from engagements in writing
- Ability to perform under pressure and to manage competing priorities under tight deadlines
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.