Software Engineer III - Java - Athens
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within the Equities Technology Team, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives. The Equities technology Team has 1000's of engineers working across a number of challenging business problems. These range from building low latency execution, algorithmic trading, solving complex functions, using Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Natural Language Processing to gain insight and execute trades. We always look to use the best tools for the job and you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most experienced colleagues in the industry, we believe in doing small incremental changes and have in place the tools to ensure we can do continuous deployment in a controlled manner, the role will be based in Athens, will entail both working closely with the London Business and our Global partners.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems
- Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and proficient applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Proficient in Java coding
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- Demonstrate an owner mentality and take charge of any stability or hygiene issues.
- Continually invest in yourself using our learning sources.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Exposure to cloud technologies
About the Innovation Lab in Athens
We recently announced plans for a new office in Athens, Greece, to support our organic growth in the country and to bolster the innovation efforts of our Payments and Markets business globally.
J.P. Morgan first opened its doors in Greece more than five decades ago, and today we provide products and services from across our Investment Banking, Payments and Asset & Wealth Management businesses to a number of local and multinational Greek clients.
The new office will house a new Innovation Lab, which will provide research and development to the J.P. Morgan Payments and Markets business.
Greek male nationals must have completed or have no obligatory military service obligations