Technology & Cybersecurity Operational Risk Manager - Vice President
Job Type: Full time
As part of Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk ("CCOR"), you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
As the Technology & Cybersecurity Operational Risk Manager - Vice President in our Technology & Cyber CCOR team, you will have the opportunity to materially contribute and shape risk management practice in a fast-paced and growing business environment and the broader EMEA region. Based in our EMEA team, you will challenge the technology and cybersecurity function and will play a critical role in regulatory engagement with supervisory authorities. You will work closely with the wider Technology & Cybersecurity CCOR team who is responsible for the design and oversight of the 2nd Line of Defence independent risk management program for technology and cybersecurity risks. As part of the team, you will also be able to broaden this platform to work on legal entity, regional and global initiatives, in addition to being part of local and firmwide community, diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Executes monitoring and testing activities, to independently assess the effectiveness controls
- Runs executive engagement – presenting our independent view of technology and cybersecurity Risk to senior management and governance forums
- Involves Technology team engagement, to gain full understanding of the technology and controls environment
- Provides challenge and oversight of our 1st Line of Defence across initiatives in the International Consumer Banking Line of Business
- Runs Independent review and challenge of the 1st line of defence’s self-assessments
- Prepares Key Risk and Performance Indicators & Analytics – oversight of business and technology owned Key Performance Indicators including governance, analysis of trends, outliers, and underlying drivers across the technology control domains.
- Monitors - Perform oversight of operational risks through significant programs, business change management programs, point-in-time issue escalation, industry and regulatory meetings, and review of internal operational risk events
- Reviews significant technology events and incidents (including security events) to help hold our technology Incident and Problem Management practices to the highest standard
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience in technology/software development environments
- Experience working within the financial services industry is desired
- Experience performing data analysis to produce meaningful insights to drive decision making
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and the business processes they support and synthesize the corresponding risks and controls and recommend adjustments if required
- Understanding of technology risk management and control principles with a proven ability to anticipate and identify risks and effective mitigating actions
- Adept at developing relationships with strong stakeholder management skills with the confidence to take ideas forward and to challenge others, where appropriate
- Strong organizational, project management, and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations and deliver results with a high level of professionalism, self-motivation, and integrity
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Information Security or related field; post-graduate degree a plus
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC are beneficial