Principal Software Engineer - Mobile Experience Expert
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Out of the successful launch of Chase in 2021, we’re a new team, with a new mission. We’re creating products that solve real world problems and put customers at the center - all in an environment that nurtures skills and helps you realize your potential. Our team is key to our success. We’re people-first. We value collaboration, curiosity and commitment.
As a Principal Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within the accelerator, you are the heart of this venture, focused on getting smart ideas into the hands of our customers. You have a curious mindset, thrive in collaborative squads, and are passionate about new technology. By your nature, you are also solution-oriented, commercially savvy and have a head for fintech. You thrive in working in tribes and squads that focus on specific products and projects – and depending on your strengths and interests, you'll have the opportunity to move between them.
While we’re looking for professional skills, culture is just as important to us. We understand that everyone's unique – and that diversity of thought, experience and background is what makes a good team, great. By bringing people with different points of view together, we can represent everyone and truly reflect the communities we serve. This way, there's scope for you to make a huge difference – on us as a company, and on our clients and business partners around the world.
- Manage the end-to-end process of developing and releasing Android and iOS mobile apps for a new venture, leveraging the latest technologies and the best industry practices
- Guide the CI/CD and testing technical stack for the mobile app
- Shape the SDLC, architecture and design, participating in the implementation of the app
- Design and review code - you will be directly involved in all steps of the process
- Build for resilience and reliability, ensuring consideration for ongoing maintenance requirements
- Mentor and provide feedback to teammates to build a strong engineering culture
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Experience shipping multi-region apps to App Store and Google Play
- A deep understanding of mobile stability and monitoring
- Strong knowledge of Apple and Google policies and standards
- Understanding of best practices, patterns and functionality on both platforms
- Familiarity with build pipelines and tools
- Strong experience writing clean, testable, high-quality code and designing highly scalable systems in production
- Writing and architecting tests across different levels, devices and platforms, utilising cloud offerings.
- Desire to learn React Native and TypeScript if coming from a native background
- A desire to teach others and share knowledge. We aren’t looking for hero developers, more for team players. We want you to coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Ability to see the long term. We don’t want you to sacrifice the future for the present. We want you to choose technologies and approaches based on the end goals.