Trading Services Analyst
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
If trading services is area of your interest– check out this new opportunity in J.P.Morgan!
Differential Discounting Trade Support provides operational supports to the DD Trading Business covering 3 trading desks dealing in G10 & GEM currencies. The team is responsible for all aspects of trade management, from trade inception and maintenance to expiry, giving a good all round view of the trade lifecycle. We provide full and dedicated support service to the business and maintain a high degree of control across all aspects of the process.
As a Trading Services Analyst in Differential Discounting Trade Support team, you will interact with a variety of business partners (Accounting, Finance, FO, Marketers, Credit, Settlements, Confirms, and Technology) in order to manage the operations front to back. The ability to communicate complex matters in a clear and concise manner is essential whether dealing with the FO or with other support groups.
- Captures of all transactions in the Risk Management Systems timely and accurate
- Completes Intraday / EOD processes including completeness and reconciliation checks to ensure capture of new trading activity and general book management has been processed accurately
- Works closely with Operations functions and infrastructure groups to support a ‘one team approach’. The team is expected to be a centre of excellence and is pivotal in ensuring accurate information in cross group communication
- Ensures all controls are diligently performed, completed and signed off on a timely basis
- Clears and concise communication with FO and all support teams to ensure the timely and efficient resolution of queries
- Participates and contribute to the various strategic initiatives; keep improving & evolving processes & business architecture
- Builds an in depth understanding of all trading structures from both a financial and operational perspective
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Strong logical/analytical mindset, with the ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo
- Process flow understanding, including ability to understand current flows and linkage between systems and think how the process can be improved/streamlined
- Previous experience in Finance industry (operations roles) is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- VBA is a plus
- BA or BS degree preferred (either Economics or Industrial Engineer preferred)