Cloud Platform Engineer - Senior Lead Software Engineer - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Be an integral part of an agile team that's constantly pushing the envelope to enhance, build, and deliver top-notch technology products.
As a Senior Lead Software Engineer in the Cloud Foundational Services division of JPMorgan Chase, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. Drive significant business impact through your capabilities and contributions, and apply deep technical expertise and problem-solving methodologies to tackle a diverse array of challenges that span multiple technologies and applications
- Enable a friction free experience for 35,000 software engineers: as close to native as possible whilst meeting the stringent/best in class/security & controls requirements for financial institution.
- Collaborate with application developers across a diverse range of businesses and use cases balancing the need to modernize with the need to migrate
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Drives decisions that influence the product design, application functionality, and technical operations and processes
- Serves as a function-wide subject matter expert in one or more areas of focus
- Contributes actively to the engineering community as an advocate of firmwide frameworks, tools, and practices of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Influences peers and project decision-makers to consider the use and application of leading-edge technologies
- Adds to the team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
- Empower the at-scale migration of a diverse and complex business with use cases ranging from simply needing a place to run a container through to sophisticated power users, and multi-tenant platforms.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and advanced applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Experience with technologies including EC2, ECS Fargate, Lambda & Step Functions
- Advanced in one or more programming language(s)
- Advanced knowledge of software applications and technical processes with considerable in-depth knowledge in one or more technical disciplines (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- Experience with AWS and Terraform
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Ability to tackle design and functionality problems independently with little to no oversight
- Practical cloud native experience