Green Economy Banking - Treasury Management Officer (Vice President) – London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan’s Green Economy Banking team was launched to support the development and growth of companies at the forefront of the energy transition that are advancing decarbonization through innovative technologies in sectors including Renewable Energy, Efficiency Technology, Clean Mobility & EV Charging, Energy Transition Enablers, Agriculture & Food Technology and Sustainable Finance.
The group provides holistic banking services to companies across the climate transition space. Sitting in the Commercial Bank, the Green Economy team supports clients in their growth trajectory from early-stage venture capital backed clients through to mid-cap publicly traded companies with revenues up to $2bn.
As a Treasury Management Officer in our Commercial Bank Green Economy team, you will be an integral coverage team member who contributes to new sales targets and achieving portfolio growth objectives for UK-based Green Economy clients.
On the back of strong momentum, the Commercial Bank Green Economy team is now looking to hire a Treasury Management Officer based in London.
- Recognizing the importance of treasury services to our clients, you will work with key product partners to deliver global cash management solutions to UK headquartered companies active in the Green Economy space. Structures range from complex, pan-regional liquidity solutions to in-country cash management.
- Cultivate client contacts and relationships to increase revenue and cross-sell products to a targeted subset of UK-based Green Economy clients and prospects. Typical requirements will focus on cash management, cross-border FX payments and liquidity.
- Provide the necessary oversight and local accountability to support Know Your Client (KYC) processes, client onboarding and all documentation to conform to JPM policy.
- Maintain open, clear, and fluid communication with stakeholders, i.e., bankers, product partners, middle-office, and back-office teams – locally and overseas.
- Assume accountability for driving Payments revenue growth and achieving sales targets as an individual contributor.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Degree level qualification and strong academic track record.
- Relevant experience in Treasury Services sales or corporate relationship management.
- Keen interest in the energy transition and the Green Economy ecosystem.
- Knowledge of Treasury Services products is a necessity; global cash management, FX payments, cash pooling, merchant services etc
- Able to demonstrate exceptional sales, presentation, negotiation, and marketing skills necessary.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to mobilize internal networks and resources.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) and superior analytical and quantitative skills.
- The ability to be a highly motivated, productive team player.
- Outstanding ethics, integrity, and judgment as well as being highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive and the ability to work independently, and able to multi-task and manage processes efficiently.
- Languages: fluent in English (verbal and written)
- The right to work in the UK, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Broader corporate banking product knowledge and/or experience would be an advantage – lending, capital markets, securities etc.
- Fluency in a Western European language would be a plus