Full Stack Java Software Engineer II
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
You’re ready to gain the skills and experience needed to grow within your role and advance your career — and we have the perfect software engineering opportunity for you.
As a Full Stack Java Software Engineer II at JPMorgan Chase within the Corporate Technology, Compliance Controls and Regulatory Technology, you are part of an agile team that works to enhance, design, and deliver the software components of the firm’s state-of-the-art technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As an emerging member of a software engineering team, you execute software solutions through the design, development, and technical troubleshooting of multiple components within a technical product, application, or system, while gaining the skills and experience needed to grow within your role.
- Executes standard software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting.
- Writes secure and high-quality code using the syntax of at least one programming language with limited guidance.
- Designs, develops, codes, and troubleshoots with consideration of upstream and downstream systems and technical implications.
- Applies knowledge of tools within the Software Development Life Cycle toolchain to improve the value realized by automation.
- Applies technical troubleshooting to break down solutions and solve technical problems of basic complexity.
- Gathers, analyzes, and draws conclusions from large, diverse data sets to identify problems and contribute to decision-making in service of secure, stable application development.
- Learns and applies system processes, methodologies, and skills for the development of secure, stable code and systems.
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect.
- Works under self-initiative and self-awareness.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification in computer science or engineering or equivalent. concepts and expanding applied experience.
- Good hands on experience in Java/J2EE (Version 8+), Cloud Native Micro Services and Angular JS/React JS.
- Hands on experience in Unit Testing (e.g., JUnit, Mockito, Jasmin)
- Experience in Spring Core, Spring AOP, Spring Integration and Spring Data, Hibernate
- Experience in design and developing APIs with best standards.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and modern deployment strategies and tools like GitHub, Jenkins.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Good knowledge in SQL/No-SQL databases like Oracle, Cassandra, S3
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Emerging knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning etc.)
- Exposure to different market-leading technologies like Kubernetes, Kafka, Elastic Search, Graph DB, GraphQL
- Knowledge in Document Management tools like FileNet.