Associate People Director - Games
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Craft:HR & Business Support
We are looking for a passionate Associate/People Director who is thrilled by building great teams, business partnering with stakeholders and collaborating with peers whilst living our values and driving King and Candy to further success. You will actively partner with Candy Crush Saga (CCS) managers, getting under the skin of the organization to truly understand our players, people, and business.
This role reports into the Candy Crush Franchises VP of People based in Stockholm.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will be creating and driving CCS People objectives, priorities and projects in your business area whilst collaborating with your peers. You will be the HR Business Partner/People Partner for CCS managers within our crafts. You will be accountable to drive the people strategy, priorities, and processes across your organization, as well as coaching and closely partnering with your stakeholders. You will have a small team of HR Business Partner(s) reporting into you.
In this sweet role, you will:
- Be HR Business Partnering the managers in CCS to drive and implement strategic people plans, objectives and priorities that are aligned with the overall CCF People Strategy and agenda
- Have accountability for creating and leading talent planning, succession planning, workforce planning, performance management, merit planning and similar processes that drives the people agenda; with high quality and integrity in all you do
- Driving relevant trainings, communication, and workshops
- Leading change management activities including a high level of project management activities (up on demand)
- A confident advisor in labor law, whilst proactively sharing knowledge and implementing changes complying with any recent legal updates
- Drive performance management across your business unit in close collaborations with relevant stakeholders and your peers
- Be a key influencer on all important people related decisions, ensuring that the business maintains alignment with the people strategy
- Be a key and trusted labor law- and organization design advisor and driver
- Act as lead partner for activities such as re-organizations and other change initiatives
- Partnering with your Talent Acquisition leads developing a robust talent acquisition strategy for your business area, ensuring the continuous evolution of talent acquisition capabilities and initiatives to attract the best talent.
- Ensure that the Business Partners that support you have the information they need to carry out the operational requirements with high quality
- Build high performing and highly engaged teams
- Nurture a learning and feedback culture
- Leading, inspiring, and developing a small team of HR generalists
- Contribute towards the success of the People leadership team by owning projects or initiatives outside of your business areas that are designed to impact the wider People team.
- Ensure robust and data driven people agenda and initiatives
- Drive insights for talent decisions, workforce planning and shaping the people strategy through data and a high level of story telling
- You should have a keen interest, knowledge, and passion in progressing DE&I initiatives
Skills to create thrills!
- Operational, commercial, and strategic People Skills
- Strong coaching and business partnering skills
- Strong in working with- and analyzing data, reporting and insights
- Conduct the role with integrity, transparency, and fairness
- Very experience data driven decision making
- Experience in project management
- Strong presentation, communication, and storytelling skills
- Very experience in driving a team and influence stakeholders through data
- Very experienced in Performance Management, Talent Planning, Workforce Planning and Succession planning
- Knowledgeable in local labor law
- Experience in Change management
- Experienced in difficult and sensitive conversations
- Experience in international and matrix organizations
- Strong in using MS office applications
- Keen to take a hands- on approach, as well as strategic approach (from time to time)
- Successful track record in a fast paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Business fluent written and verbal English
- Experience creating a great workplace through living our values and driving our culture
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com