Manager -Transaction Management and Accounting Advisory
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We have a great opportunity for a Manager to join the Transaction Management and Accounting Advisory team in the Commodities and Global Markets Finance team in our London office. The Transaction Management and Accounting Advisory is responsible for supporting transactions and businesses throughout the Macquarie's Commodities and Global Markets businesses.
The complexity of the businesses is high, with structures including physical and financial products. Volumes and complexity continue to increase with business expansion so we would therefore look to you in this role to provide in-depth technical accounting skills and be a key business partner, with both skills being critical for this role. Commodity business expertise would be a bonus.
You will manage the implementation of new and complex products and transactions from a finance perspective and will provide advice on the correct IFRS accounting treatment to the businesses for their respective transactions, new products, and other various projects. You will also be responsible for establishing clear methodologies for accounting for structured trades throughout their lives.
Your knowledge of technical accounting, transaction support and financial control will be leveraged as you regularly engage and consult with the business, other areas across finance, risk management and the senior leadership team. You will enjoy the opportunity to communicate with a variety of stakeholders and will be keenly interested in proactive advice and assessment of accounting opportunities and concerns
Other Key Responsibilities will include:
- Translating and communicating complex accounting topics to stakeholders, recognizing, and anticipating potential opportunities and recommending changes as the business or regulatory environment changes
- Advising on accounting policy for all new products, restructurings, and complex transactions
- Proactively identifying and assessing accounting opportunities in existing businesses and transactions, working with businesses, functions, and regions to identify and prioritize accounting transformation opportunities
- Providing training to both the front and back office on accounting developments
- Maintaining and communicating knowledge of accounting developments including via involvement with standard setters, expert groups, industry groups and the development of peer networks
We will also look to you to coordinating the finance response to new products and transactions and identify and implement the most appropriate accounting treatment for complex transactions for their whole life cycle. You will interact with Valuation, Regulatory, Taxation and other departments to identify co-dependencies and relationships.
- You will have demonstrated post qualified banking / finance experience working in an accounting role supporting complex/structured products strong knowledge across IFRS standards.
- Strong knowledge of investment banking products/markets and/or commodities
- You will be a Chartered Accountant with technical accounting, transaction support experience in Finance and Accounting Policy team.
- You will be creative and will be able to think outside the box, be challenged and to do things differently to achieve better outcomes.
- You will have strong interpersonal skills - specifically, able to act as change agent, facilitator, and collaborator.
- You will manage wide-ranging competing priorities, transactions, and stakeholders.
You will also be a self-starter and intellectually curious professional with ability and experience in researching technical accounting matters. With strong communication skills you will demonstrate the ability to convey complex technical issues to a variety of audiences and translate technical theoretical knowledge into commercially viable answers whilst maintaining risk focus
If you have a collaborative approach, are curious with the ability to learn and adapt quickly whilst adhering to change, please apply today.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.