Senior Analyst – Prudential Risk – Stress Testing
Location: County Dublin, Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you have an interest in understanding the risks faced by diversified financial institutions? Are you looking for a challenging role as part of a dynamic team? Join our Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk (RAAR) team and play a key role in providing valuable insights across EMEA businesses and regulated entities risk profile and financial strength using the Enterprise-Wide Stress Testing frameworks.
As a member of the team, you will play a key role in the development of material components of our stress testing framework. You will have the opportunity to work with the risk frameworks that cover enterprise-wide stress testing, scenario design and risk identification; oversight of capital adequacy (ICAAP/ICARA), and climate risk scenario analysis.
The role offers plenty of exposure and you will have the opportunity to collaborate and connect with stakeholders in the EMEA region and globally, across the organisation. This will include with Macquarie’s operating businesses, Risk Management Group, Group Treasury, Finance, and senior management and entity Boards.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following key skills and experience:
- Good knowledge of stress testing, and familiar with UK or EU regulatory requirements and guidance around stress testing and ICAAP or ICARA.
- Experience in a related role or one which provides for transferable skills within a financial institution, consultancy practice, regulatory body or rating agency.
- An academic background ideally with in a quantitative discipline, with an understanding of macroeconomics and risk management.
- Keen and broad interest in financial markets, including current and prospective macro-economic, financial, commodity and asset management market trends.
- Strong technical, analytical and programming skills (R, Python or similar) with the ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
- A strong preference for working collaboratively with strong verbal, written, communication and presentation skills.
If this sounds like the opportunity to further build your career in finance than please apply via the link.
About the Risk Management Group
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.