Location: County Dublin
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a Project Manager you will manage your own projects or workstreams on major infrastructure projects. This opportunity will enable you to support the development of this growing and diverse business whilst progressing your own career. The focus of this exciting new role and opportunity is to help build the growing business and to support our Clients by winning and delivering high quality project and programme management services that contribute to society and make the communities in which we live and work better.
A bit about the team
We operate in Aviation, Highways, Rail and Maritime. Our vision is to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as 'credible' and 'preferred' for our existing and new clients.
- The successful management of the development, design stages, delivery and handover of (built environment and infrastructure) projects as instructed, ensuring:
- Processes and procedures are applied, and any governance protocols followed
- A project management plan is developed and maintained for each project
- Projects are scoped in accordance with agreed project objectives,
- Deliverables are clearly identified and executed,
- Key parameters of cost, time and quality are achieved providing a coherent and realistic action plan against deficiencies,
- Liaise with the projects H&S&W and CDM Representative, acting on advice provided to ensure that project / contractor CDM and Health and Safety compliance matters are satisfactorily discharged and/or adhered to,
- Establish effective stakeholder and communication management processes and structures across the project, Client and stakeholder teams, undertaking stakeholder mapping and understanding the role of project influencers, developing strong working relationships where appropriate. Specifically consider all necessary actions in terms of liaison, process mapping and reporting with statutory and technical assurance bodies, mitigating potential delays and costs to project performance through timely submissions and consenting requirements,
- Liaise and work across all commercial, procurement and general project control functions, providing the necessary project management input to deliver projects within the agreed project parameters,
- Assess the necessary level of resources and competence in the supply chain teams, taking all necessary reactive measures where required to ensure the required performance,
- Successful administration of the NEC suite of contracts for professional and contractor commissions as dictated by the projects, addressing performance to ensure contractually successful outcomes.