Senior Project Manager
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees?
As Senior Project Manager you will support the Advisory team within Energy. Demonstrating a passion to work collaboratively with our client teams to deliver their complex projects to time, cost and quality with a commitment to safety. We are looking for people who can demonstrate the following:
- Ownership of and responsibility for the successful delivery of your project
- Development and delivery of business cases
- Delivery of complex technical projects within a highly regulated industry
- Preparing and maintaining schedules, including dependencies and resources
- Identifying and monitoring project risks and opportunities
- Quality management processes for project activities and outputs
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
- Establishing and maintaining project governance reviews
- Developing and managing teams
- Managing suppliers
What you will contribute to the team;
- Demonstrate relevant project management and delivery experience;
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of project management methodologies;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a larger team;
- Comfortable working as a consultant within a client environment;
- Relationship building skills -ability to build strong relationships with clients, teams and stakeholders as well as an ability to build and maintain networks of business contacts;
- Strong stakeholder management experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication and organisation skills
- Good analytical thinking and research skills
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills and ability to continue to completion existing projects and initiatives;
- Essential soft skills include self-motivation; taking initiative; leadership, adaptability and flexibility; effective listening, collaboration; influence and persuasion, insightfulness; and
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications.
Potential travel required 2-3 times weekly depending on project
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Full UK Driving Licence
- APM PMQ level qualified or equivalent Member of the Association for Project Management (MAPM)Proven track record in project delivery, preferably in the Nuclear sector or similar technical sectors;
- Ability to work with and manage external suppliers
- Commercial awareness
- Working knowledge of project management software and toolsets
- Please be advised that offers for this role are conditional upon obtaining the appropriate level of Security Clearance.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Did you know that Mott MacDonald is one of the world's largest employee-owned businesses? This means that we are not accountable to external stakeholders and are in control of our own future. This creates a unique culture where decisions are made for the benefit of the staff/company over the long term.
We are proud to be a one of Glassdoor's top 25 employers to work for in the UK in 2023, as well as being recognised by the Financial Times and market and consumer data company Statista as one of the UK's leading and highly recommended management consultants in: Construction & Infrastructure, Energy, Utilities & Environment, Public & Social Sector, Sustainability, and Travel, Transport & Logistics.
We offer some fantastic benefits including:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including ability to buy/sell annual leave entitlement, cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans
- Wellbeing support including access to an independent Employer Assistance Scheme, wellbeing champions and access to learning and support resources
- Access to our Advanced Employee Networks which support our LGBTQ+, gender, race and ethnicity, disability and parents/carers communities
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.