Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job Type: Full time
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be supporting the team within Water and Environment, delivering complex infrastructure schemes.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Support Water Companies in delivering large capital programmes, providing an essential service, and improving the environment.
- Provide commercial support to a large project or programme of works
- Ensuring robust estimates are provided that are aligned to scope and makes due allowance for all risks and opportunities
- Managing commercial inputs to the procurement process including ensuring that strategies are developed and agreed.
- Contracts are properly managed in accordance with contract requirements including compliance with all responses to communications, payments, programme submissions etc
- Ensuring robust cost management is undertaken at all times.
- Proactive management of project and programme risk including ensuring that mitigation plans are in place and implemented.
- Development of strong client relationships across its organisation
- Monitor that technical solutions meet with technical standards, legal obligations, and client requirements.
- Use a systematic approach to critically examine the situation from different perspective.
- Gather relevant information from different sources in reaching a decision.
- Generate and weigh the different options in arriving at decisions.
- Weigh the risks and consequences of all options.
- Make well-reasoned, sound and timely decisions based on the needs of the situation, the clients and the team member
- Involve and consult those affected by the decision.
- Maintain and build on existing client relationships to anticipate needs.
Required for the position of Senior Quantity Surveyor;
- Degree or equivalent in related subject
- Experienced in delivering commercial and contractual elements of heavy infrastructure projects.
- Experienced in Contract Management
- Demonstrated background working within Consultancy or Main Contracting environment
- Ability to prioritise and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work
- Technically and commercially aware able to deliver on all post contract service delivery and to solve problems
- Proactive and self motivated
- Strong commercial knowledge
- Effective time management - efficient and adding value to projects
- Customer focus - ability to engage in sound relationships with the customer project team
Preferred, but not essential.
- Chartered Surveyor, ideally MRICS, with a degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying
- Experience of NEC contract
- A knowledge and expertise in the water/wastewater industry sector
We are actively recruiting a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We recognise that differences in ability, skills and experience are a strength and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us and we will talk to you about how we can assist.