Job Type: Full time
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Support Water Companies in delivering large capital programmes, providing an essential service, and improving the environment.
- Provide commercial support to a large project or programme of works.
- Support and advise the Project Manager in fulfilling their contractual obligations.
- On behalf of the Project Manager, monitor and process commercial queries from Consultants and Contractors.
- Attend progress meetings to respond to commercial matters raised.
- Assess applications for payment and support the payment process. Clarify any queries with the relevant Consultants and/or Contractors so they can be agreed with the Project Manager
- Carry out periodic commercial checks and due diligence in conjunction with the Project Manager to ensure information submitted corresponds to records held by the Consultant or Contractor.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager provide ongoing assessment of Consultant and Contractor's estimate to completion
- Receive and check Consultant and Contractor's final accounts. Negotiate any amendments and reach a final figure and recommendation for acceptance or rejection.
- Prepare estimates and cost plans to support project development and budgetary governance.
- Preparation of standard documentation - reports, valuations, letters, financial statements etc
Required for the position of Quantity Surveyor.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Proven skills and experience of delivering within a Cost Consultancy or Main Contractor environment.
- Developed contract management skills.
- Experienced on large scale infrastructure projects.
- Pre and post contract experience
- Experience working in collaborative teams.
Preferred but not required
- Demonstrable experience working within a management services environment
- Chartered or working towards MRICS Chartership
- Environment and Water project experience
- Experience on NEC Contracts, particularly large contract value
We are actively recruiting a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We recognise that differences in ability, skills and experience are a strength and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
Our environment and water portfolio is primarily a UK based business delivering project, programme and commercial management services to regulated water/wastewater clients and the Environment Agency. Our work stretches across the entire project lifecycle, from pre-contract cost estimating and benchmarking to post contract QS services and commercial assurance. For project and programme management we deliver capital projects on behalf of our clients, both internal and external that range from several hundred thousand pounds in value to major projects and programmes worth over £0.5billion. Additionally we are the home of the cost intelligence service, a specialist team of data analysts and economists who provide expert advice across all sectors on inflation and indexation. We currently work with around half of the UK's regulated water and wastewater companies.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.