IT Analyst - Security Operations
Location: Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees?
Mott MacDonald is a global engineering, management and development consultancy. Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in all we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities. Mott MacDonald requires a first-class IT department to support these aspirations.
This position is for a second line Security Analyst to join our 24x7 Operations team, with a primary focus on IT/Cyber Security. The key role is to continually improve the quality and value of IT Security Operations to the business by analyzing and acting on alerts and incidents from the Security Operations Centre. The role will involve the use of "playbooks" and "knowledge base articles" around incident response.
At Mott MacDonald we are committed to our employees and their growth, and our People Program is our investment in your success. If you join Mott MacDonald as an IT security analyst there will be opportunities for you to progress to specialist IT roles in applications management, software development, networking, cloud technologies or cyber security.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertaking cyber incident response, analysis and remediation activities
- Investigate and resolve Third Line (Level 3) security incidents in a 24x7 support environment.
- Maintain an advanced cyber security posture, proactively managing vulnerabilities, and prioritising remediations.
- Escalating security incidents to the appropriate technical teams, ensure they contain enough information to enable them to take appropriate action.
- Responsible for applying patches/updates to maintain secure systems.
- Updating knowledge-based articles to ensure they are accurate and relevant.
- Execute vulnerability and web application assessments; provide analysis and
- Recommendations to mitigate potential threats.
- Handling and logging of security related exception requests.
- Conduct and participate in third Party application risk assessments and other security audits.
- Knowledge of Basic IT Security threats and principles (Malware, Phishing, Vulnerabilities)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Networking concepts and Windows Operating systems.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Experience of using an ITSM system to record and manage work.
- Experience of handling security incidents related to Microsoft cloud and Windows operating system environments.
- Previous experience of working in a security role.
- Graduate or equivalent qualification in IT related discipline.
- Knowledge of IT security tools (Tenable IO, Nessus, Defender, Microsoft security consoles, Zscaler, SIEM, etc).
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management best practices, ITIL V3/V4.
- Experience in handling issues related to permissions, security, access, active directory.
- Experience in using Service Now or Remedy.
- Experience of working in a global organization.
- Membership of a relevant professional body such as (ISC)2 or ISACA
We are actively recruiting a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We recognise that differences in ability, skills and experience are a strength and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.