Senior Delivery Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics. We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Ready to take charge and steer projects towards success with your proven delivery expertise?
Our Digital team are looking for an exceptional Senior Delivery Manager.
You'll set the team up for success, support them in problem solving and enable them to come up with their own amazing insights and products within the complex constraints our clients face today. But that doesn’t mean delivery management sits ‘outside’ the team. As Senior Delivery Manager you’ll be in and of the delivery, shoulder-to-shoulder with the team and deep in the detail of the work. You will be an expert practitioner, at the top of your game.
You’ll be fully client-facing, harnessing the metrics coming from the team, both to help the team improve its own throughput and to inform clients and others about how the teams are delivering. You’ll be an experienced Agile delivery practitioner, with expertise in delivering digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team, developing client relationships and getting into the detail to make things happen at pace. You will work with the Assignment Manager or Partner to ensure our delivery solutions are robust, risk managed and commercially strong.
Reports to Delivery Lead.
You will have opportunity to:
- Play a role in the formation and running of high performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking. This means you are not set in one process or way of thinking but willing to learn new skills and blend approaches to solve our client challenges.
- Spend approximately 85% of your time in the work and 15% of your time supporting the development of the Digital capability and new business.
- Develop a solid understanding of PA’s purpose, goals and vision; and why clients and employees come to PA.
- Demonstrate understanding of and promote best practice of the PA values and ways of working
- Keep up to date with opportunities issues and trends, and have a point of view, sharing your knowledge generously
- You are committed to helping build a better PA and able to spot new business opportunities, take a guided role in new business development activities
Please note: We like to recruit lots of great people into this role, across all ranks. You will see this advertised year-round and will be individually reviewed by our recruiting team who will reach out to you dependant on your suitability at this time or in the future.
- Expertise in estimating, scoping and delivering large scale digital projects and products, using a variety of techniques.
Experience in running technical/engineering projects and organising teams for Agile delivery, with rapid, iterative delivery using modern digital practices.
We expect that you will have previous experience of working in an Agency, Consultancy or comparable environment.
Demonstrable commercial acumen, with excellent written and numerical skills. You will be experienced in writing Statements of Work, project approaches and proposals. You will be able to take a guided role in new business development and be confident in high pressure pitching environments.
You may be required to go into client organisations, as part of delivery teams and set up delivery practices, governance and routines onsite for periods of time, or coach others to do so.
You may have direct line management responsibilities.
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today by completing our online application.
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.